Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond ETC
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago, after reversing out of a driveway I did get the "Traction Engaged" Message followed by the "Service Stability System" message and the following codes:

C1281 Stabilitrak Sensors Uncorrelated
C1287 Steering Sensor Rate Malfunction

Restarting the car cleared it up.

This past Thursday:

I reversed out of a parking spot after lunch... then a few minutes later while going 45MPH, driving on a straight line the car abruptly pulls right, then left, then right, all the while the "Traction Engaged" message was on and I felt the ABS pump going nuts... then the "Service Stability System" message appears and car calms down. Meanwhile my passenger was startled--wondering what was going on--she could feel the car pulling and saw me swerving.

Turning off the car got rid of the message.. it's been fine ever since.

The scary part is what if the same thing happens while I'm going 75MPH?

I plan to unplug the steering wheel position sensor (assuming I can reach it under the hushpanel above the pedals), spray some "electronics contact cleaner" on the plug and cross my fingers that it was a bad connection.

Any help is greatly appreciated! It has done this when it's hot outside so I'm hoping (praying) for a loose connection.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
Sounds like the steering sensor my dad's 03 CTS did the same thing and it was fixed under warranty but I looked at the ticket and it was the sterring sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts