Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 SRX, 2004 CTS/3.2L 5-speed Manual, 2012 CTS Wagon
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CD changer in my 2004 SRX has been acting weird. For the last couple of days, after being parked over night, I get in and the CD changer is cycling through the CDs. The key is not in the ignition and the radio is off. My biggest fear is that the battery will die since I don't know how long this is going on while the car is parked. Do I need an exorcism??:suspect:

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,547 Posts
Take it out and burn it to ash before it moves into the house: Or call Tennessee Wraith Chasers (Ghost asylum) :rant2:

I had an old radio that would turn on by it's self. I also had a sub in the truck so it woke me up 3 times to this. It had a short somewhere in it. When I took it out it smelled like it was blown. Get it fixed before that thing burns your car to the ground like you should do to it first. Just my 2 cents.
The CD changer in my 2004 SRX has been acting weird. For the last couple of days, after being parked over night, I get in and the CD changer is cycling through the CDs. The key is not in the ignition and the radio is off. My biggest fear is that the battery will die since I don't know how long this is going on while the car is parked. Do I need an exorcism??:suspect:

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
Disconnect the battery for a few minutes which usually resets the thing. You may want to determine if this is going on all the time or just for a few cycles when the door is opened. If the latter, no big deal.

·
Registered
2004 SRX, 2004 CTS/3.2L 5-speed Manual, 2012 CTS Wagon
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took the CDs out and disconnected battery. Stopped for now. Optimistic. We'll see...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts