Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 50K miles on my CTS and the ride is getting a bit rough. Was thinking of buying some new shocks. Any suggestions or sites that sell them?

·
Registered
CTS DI Fully Loaded, Magnaflow, CAI, F1 Tint, Rosen TVs
1,013 Posts
I am about to on my 2008 FE3, and the only shocks that work are OEM. If you have an FE2 car, the KYB GR2 will be a little bit tighter than stock.

·
Registered
Cadillac
37 Posts
I am looking to upgrade my 2008 CTS from FE1 to FE2 suspension as well. I was thinking of just upgrading to stiffer shocks and not doing anything else (no new stabilizer bars or larger tires, etc). I just want a little more of a controlled ride - not looking for super sports car handling. Do you guys think just new suspension will be OK? Or do you have to get the larger/stiffer bars as well?

While we are on the topic - any recommendations of exactly what brand/model of shocks I should get?

·
Registered
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T Matte Titanium Metallic
755 Posts
I have FE3 and replaced my rear shocks with FE2 so that I could lower the car and not have the hydraulic/raised up look in the rear shocks. I still have my FE3 shocks in my garage...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts