Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking out your LS6/LS2 and buying the GM LS7 crate motor and putting it in your V? Man that would be a hella swap.

Matt

·
Registered
476 Posts
Dream on..... Hot Rod magazine's Feb issue (p.96) says that this year's production of crate LS7s will be less than 150. List price is $16,795, according Hot Rod, and will be sold only through select GMPP dealers.

The bone-stock LS7 dynoed at 510 hp. 495 tq. These are not big numbers for a 427, about what our LS6s would get with the same displacement. Adding a Stage 3 cam with huge lift of 0.63" kicked hp to 600 and tq. to 526.

By way of contrast, TPIS recently built a 427 for a Comaro. It dynoed at 630 hp. I rode in it. It is comparatively docile for street usage, but, of course, had some problems hooking up.

·
Registered
CTS
182 Posts
heavymetals said:
I believe someone took some serious measurements and IT WON"T FIT.:mad:
Really? That's odd... it's still an LSx engine. Not disputing your info, just surprised. I could see the oil pan not working in the V, and you'd need the V's accessory setup. Do you remember where you saw this?

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
CarToys said:
Really? That's odd... it's still an LSx engine. Not disputing your info, just surprised. I could see the oil pan not working in the V, and you'd need the V's accessory setup. Do you remember where you saw this?
I believe it was header clearance and accessory mounting clearance.:confused:

I think I would rather drop an L7 into a C5.:canttalk:

Anyway, like I said, for the $13k+ for an L7 crate, one could do a whole lot of work on an L6.

A maggie and internals.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Rey said:
Dream on..... Hot Rod magazine's Feb issue (p.96) says that this year's production of crate LS7s will be less than 150. List price is $16,795, according Hot Rod, and will be sold only through select GMPP dealers.
I serously doubt this is the case (all except for the price tag).

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Theres already one on ebay for $14,XXX.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
Well, yeeeeeah :rolleyes: ... we all have thought about it...AND
Jennifer Aniston

Ford GT

M5

Free beer..

not necessarly in that order but it don't matter 'cause unless your Brad Pitt or Jay Leno... it ain't gonna happen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts