Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going as soon as it stops raining here. (22 of the last 26 days it's been raining :mad: ) But I'm looking for other's times. I'm hoping for mid 15's but I think I might be asking for too much. :)

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I think mid 15s would be reasonable...... Are you all tuned up???

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
You may run some intake cleaner to get out all that gunk out of there.....

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, there was a 2 day break in the weather so I went to the track Friday night, but I ran my truck instead. My Caddy is having a couple of problems, one being an oil fill/pressure issue, so I figured I shouldn't put it under any extra stress. Once I resolve this problem (and one new one), I'll be up there.

·
Registered
'06 DTS Performance
204 Posts
I ran my '93 STS at Carlsbad Raceway a few times a few years back. The only mods were the SuperChip and a K&N filter.

What amazed me was how consist its times were; 15.4 sec. quarters just about every pass.

What amazed me even more was the sales brochure said it turns 15.4 sec. quarters!

Either the K&N and SuperChip had NO EFFECT, or they compensated for my lack of track experience.

I've since sold that vehicle and purchased a '97. I haven't touched it yet but maybe someday I will. :)

My suggestion if you are looking for BEST TIMES at the track are to take everything out of it before going (i.e. spare tire, jack, back seat, pass seat, etc.); remove all the weight you can. Also, DON'T fill the tank before going. Run with as little gas in the tank as you can as gas weighs 6 lbs. / gallon. Oh, don't forget to roll your windows up and close your sunroof before staging. Then hang on, hit the accelerator and have fun!

..rickko..

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rickko said:

My suggestion if you are looking for BEST TIMES at the track are to take everything out of it before going (i.e. spare tire, jack, back seat, pass seat, etc.); remove all the weight you can. Also, DON'T fill the tank before going. Run with as little gas in the tank as you can as gas weighs 6 lbs. / gallon. Oh, don't forget to roll your windows up and close your sunroof before staging. Then hang on, hit the accelerator and have fun!

..rickko..
I've got close to 200 passes to date, so I got the race thing down. ;) But I thank you for your advice. :cool: For my other vehicles, I've eventually pulled all unnecessary weight off, and actually kept them that way, even on the street, but the Caddy is my daily commuter and traveler so I wanted to know what it does on any given day. Well, I found out at Cecil last night. 16.03 with a cooler, storage bin of cleaning/detailing supplies, gym bag, softball bag, and only about 1/2 tank of gas. Not exactly a rocket, but that's not why I bought it. So case closed. I got my answer. If anyone else hits the track, let us know!

:banana:

Who knows....Maybe I'll take my old nitrous kit and do a quick install on the Caddy, dump all the extra weight, put skinnies on the front, ET streets on the back, and drop it to the 14s. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have a 93 ETC with 144k, when i bought it, I tested it with my G-tech(all stock)0-60 6.5sec, 1/4 mile 14.8 full tank of gas, two people in car or approx, 240lbs. I removed the air box muffler, and tube that connects to it, left the stock fram filter(clean)in place, timed it again, only about 2hrs later at the same location(back road,flat)It did 0-60 6.1sec, 1/4 14.6, so the air box mod works, imagine with a K&N air filter it should be slightly better. This car is a rare bright red color, matches my 93 GMC Sierra GT, and Kawasaki Vulcan 800 perfectly(Red is my favorite color!)I sold my other 93 ETC with 187k, air box mod, with K&N filter, it did 0-60 5.9 sec,1/4 in 14.6,but it started leaking oil from the oil pan gasket, and I didn't feel like fixing it, missed it soo much I had to buy another one! Spanked my buddy's 86 GT conv. with it! 90 Cougar XR7 supercharged as well! I will be gutting the cat, and maybe changing the mufflers, I will post my results. These Caddy's are amazing from the factory! I can roll out doing 25-35 floor it and it will squeel the tires and chirp when it shifts!! I can download my G-tech results for those non believers!

·
Registered
none :-(
282 Posts
Hello rickko, since you are '97 STS (my dream) owner, I would like to ask you about some things, but I am unable to send you private message or mail. Please could you mail me at [email protected]? Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wish people would stop posting G-Tech times. They are ALWAYS faster than track times.

Anyway, The one time I ran my 2000 STS it did 15.032 @ 94 in full street trim.

-Eli

1 - 14 of 14 Posts