Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I tried to pull the warning stickers from my sun visors and they came off partially. On one visor some of the sticker will not come off because I cannot grab it with anything. On the other I ripped off the whole sticker but there is a clear coating of sticky residue. PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE help me remove these obnoxious aesthetically unappealing stickers!! What did you use? How?

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
Escalade
1 Posts
You will need to take a heat gun or hair dryer and heat up the sticker but do not go too hot. You will then be able to pull off the sticker but it will leave residue. The residue can be removed by taking cloth rag and put paint thinner on it and rub the area until it is clean. Make sure you do not use lacquer thinner. Once the residue is removed you will have to iron the visor do this by using wax paper between the visor and iron.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need to take a heat gun or hair dryer and heat up the sticker but do not go too hot. You will then be able to pull off the sticker but it will leave residue. The residue can be removed by taking cloth rag and put paint thinner on it and rub the area until it is clean. Make sure you do not use lacquer thinner. Once the residue is removed you will have to iron the visor do this by using wax paper between the visor and iron.
Awesome thanks for your response. This is a really tedious job just to remove a couple of stickers, but whatever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts