Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Founder, OBWC
572 Posts
My local dealer has TWO in the showroom. It's a nice looking color, for sure. Subtle, refined and has a certain element of class to it.

However, the purported maintenance issues would steer me well away.

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops try again.

----------

Last try here is the paper work.

----------

I agree about the maintenance. I have a black raven coupe. Its bad enough. This color demands hand wash with no soap.

·
Registered
08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 13 cts vagon
1,611 Posts
They are only going to make 75 of them frost silver. 4k + just for the paint. Cool not that cool 4k in parts I can be in the low 11,s high 10,s. And not worry if I get a finger print on the paint closing the door.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
Sweet color but it will take car washing to all new levels of OCD. I think it's restricted "hand wash" only, too.

·
Registered
'13 V
379 Posts
There are a few threads on the silver frost matte color already, but thanks for the pics. I like it, but not to the tune of 4K and a ton of extra maintenance. I passed and went with radiant silver instead. I think these will end up in the hands of collectors.

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea. Thats what I told the dealer I was at. Cool if I had a ton of money and put it away where I couldn't touch it. But in reality as I was explaining that fact I realized that's the way I treat my black raven coupe anyway. Is there any one on this forum that treats OCD cause I think I'm infected.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's
317 Posts
dear god what is that over the CTS? Is that the dealers f'ing decal????????????

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
What a dumb thing to do to a collector car, put your dealer logo on it.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
831 Posts
That paint is amazing but as crazy as I am about owning my black cars....I wouldn't be able to handle the OCD that would go with a matte finish of any kind. Think how bad it would show rock chips...

·
Registered
'13 V
379 Posts
That paint is amazing but as crazy as I am about owning my black cars....I wouldn't be able to handle the OCD that would go with a matte finish of any kind. Think how bad it would show rock chips...
Idk. Rock chips on silver regardless of clear coat are never that noticeable

1 - 20 of 20 Posts