Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS V
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly to say I have a major issue with my '09 DI RWD with 11000mi. The dealership who has been very helpfull and has tried to resolve my problem is now stumped after the fifth time in. Problem is that there is a loud metal on metal clunk upon acceleration, changing direction etc. They have replaced all of the bushings, both rear knuckles, checked backlash and re-torqued everything and still it keeps getting worse. Just curious if anyone has experience with a buy back?

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
You will have to go thru your states lemon law procedures. They are not just going to take it back gladly.

Maybe taking it to another dealer might help.

·
Registered
08 CTS 3.6L DI FE2 RWD NAV, OEM Spoiler, D3 CAI, LOADED
203 Posts
My dealership in Miami took my CTS back a year ago. Of the 8 days I owned it, it had spent 7 of them at the dealership (service dept). I had already gotten the Lemon Law booklet out. In FL, you have already surpassed the number of times necessary to go the Lemon Law route. GM's bankruptcy has NO effect on Lemon Law.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
I loved my '08, and it was somewhat unique, being a stick, so I didn't really want to replace it. It spent 4 1/2 months in the shop during the first year, and even then I kept hoping it would finally work. Then the ignition switch failed while I was trying to catch a flight, and that was it. My service manager started the process with the GM rep, and I didn't have to do a thing. 3 1/2 weeks later, I was in my new CTS-V, which has been MUCH better. The hardest part was transferring the GMAC loan from the '08 to the '09, but the dealer even ferried the paperwork to me so I was inconvenienced as little as possible. The buy-back saved me $15,700 over a trade, so I'm pretty happy. As this occurred seven weeks ago, they were in the process of arranging their bankruptcy, yet I didn't have to threaten anything, or get a lawyer, or do anything but wait a bit. I have another friend who had a GMC Acadia with HVAC problems that couldn't be fixed, and he had no problems getting a replacement, either, though this was a year ago. I hope your process goes as cleanly, but my experience was very positive.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sadly to say I have a major issue with my '09 DI RWD with 11000mi. The dealership who has been very helpfull and has tried to resolve my problem is now stumped after the fifth time in. Problem is that there is a loud metal on metal clunk upon acceleration, changing direction etc. They have replaced all of the bushings, both rear knuckles, checked backlash and re-torqued everything and still it keeps getting worse. Just curious if anyone has experience with a buy back?
I had a clunk noise upon light accelleration in reverse on both of my cars, according to the dealer in both cases it was a loose flange on the trans output shaft.

·
Registered
2006 XLR
467 Posts
Little more info on GM Lemon laws and bankruptcy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 11 Allows GM and Chrysler to Shed 100's of Injury, Death & Lemon Law Claims

Monday, June 22, 2009
Bankruptcy takes away plaintiffs' day in court
Doug Guthrie / The Detroit News

Detroit --Stevie Beale awoke in a hospital bed three years ago hearing her father's voice assuring, "No matter what anyone tells you, you are going to walk again."

"I thought, 'Oh, it's that bad,' " said Beale, now 20, at one of her three-times-a-week therapy sessions at the Detroit Medical Center's Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan.

The lawsuit the Lambertville, Mich., native filed against General Motors Corp. claims faulty seat belt attachment design caused her to be paralyzed from the waist down in a car crash.

She says engineers knew through testing that the steel floor in the 1998 Pontiac Bonneville was too weak.

But Beale's claims and hundreds of other injury and death lawsuits throughout the nation will be wiped out by controversial government plans to bring GM and Chrysler Group LLC out of bankruptcy debt-free.

"It's not fair that I'm not going to get the compensation I need from GM to live my changed life," said the former athlete. "I'm not even going to get my day in court so I can at least warn people about the danger."

The new Chrysler can't be held liable for incidents involving the estimated 10 million cars and trucks sold by the automaker before June 10, when the company emerged from bankruptcy. Victims and their survivors with pending and future lawsuits against the old Chrysler are in the least protected class of creditors, and are likely to get nothing.

The same rules could apply to General Motors' estimated 30 million vehicles already on the road when it emerges from bankruptcy, perhaps in July.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013
2,092 Posts
UPDATE: DETROIT (Reuters) Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:48pm EDT

"...GM said it would continue to pay "lemon law" claims so that consumers would be entitled to a refund or replacement for defective vehicles.

GM also said that the reorganized company, which will be effectively nationalized with a $50 billion investment from the U.S. Treasury, would assume liability for future product defect claims in a change negotiated with government officials.

"The purchaser will expressly assume all product liability claims arising from accidents or other ... incidents arising from the operation of GM vehicles subject to the closing," GM said in its court filing.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE55R2BZ20090628?sp=true

1 - 11 of 11 Posts