Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
07 ESV
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the new Module to unlock the Navi-DVD-Phone,etc..

This thing has a very complicated install and specially the programming. I figured that for $320.00 shipped was worth the shot but now I'm having second thoughts. So before I take my truck to someone that can install this for me ( after seeing this I refuse to do it myself :hmm: ), has anyone done this or gotten it ???

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
07 ESV
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I took my ESV to an installer and I have to tell you that everything works just fine. I can watch the front DVD while in motion, I can dial the phone if I need to make a call and I can also enter anything on the Navi while rolling ( I'm one happy camper :thumbsup: )

This module is the latest one out in the market, it's a few bucks more then the one without the video and bluetooth input. My installer also informed me that I can install a blue tooth device to this GMX module if I wanted to link my cell phone to the truck ( i ordered the $80.00 item ) so we'll see if it works like it should.

·
Registered
07 ESV
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes I did. Seller's name is E-Decals, he sells 3 different ones, tell him that you want the same one he sold "Jetflyer24" it has to look just like the picture I posted. You'll get it in 2 days.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
The only thing you have to watch is if your sound system/Nav need warranty work you will want to remove the module before taking it in for servive, some member was turned down for warranty work with the lockpix installed. :)

·
Registered
07 ESV
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
takes 2 minutes to take it out and plug the harness back in the Radio "IF" warranty issues were to take place.

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Yes I did. Seller's name is E-Decals, he sells 3 different ones, tell him that you want the same one he sold "Jetflyer24" it has to look just like the picture I posted. You'll get it in 2 days.
I think the guy you bought from on Ebay is 123decals. NOT E-Decals. :)

·
Registered
2007 EXT
171 Posts
I read the info on the website and it seems like a pretty good device. My only concern is the website states that you have to have the rear flipdown screen along with the factory Nav in order for this device to work. I don't have the rear entertainment system so I am not sure what I need to do. I sent them a email and I will post the results. Good luck with yours.

RLTW

·
Registered
07 ESV
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I read the info on the website and it seems like a pretty good device. My only concern is the website states that you have to have the rear flipdown screen along with the factory Nav in order for this device to work. I don't have the rear entertainment system so I am not sure what I need to do. I sent them a email and I will post the results. Good luck with yours.

RLTW

I don't have to flip the rear screens down for it to work so I can't answer that. They are very good replying all e-mails regarding this device.

Good Luck.......

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
27 Posts
Jet, you mentioned something about it having the capability to install bluetooth to use your phone through the nav system? Can you expalin how this works? Does it work with any carrier? I understand from the dealer that you have to use Verizon with the onboard phone feature, otherwise you have to buy a seperate plan from On-Star to use the phone features.

Just curious if you know any more about this... Thanks!

·
Registered
07 ESV
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I ordered the bluetooth device that plugs into the module, when it arrives I will let you know how it works out. I was told that it works with ANY carrier as long as you use a bluetooth capable cell phone direct with the factory navi, phone unit.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
458 Posts
I ordered the bluetooth device that plugs into the module, when it arrives I will let you know how it works out. I was told that it works with ANY carrier as long as you use a bluetooth capable cell phone direct with the factory navi, phone unit.
Please do reply with detailed usage of the bluetooth feature , if you can dial using the nav screen, speak and hear through the onstar mic and car speakers, etc....
thnaks

·
Registered
07 ESV
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why were you trying to avoid that?? My GMX should be here Tues. from Coastal Tech..(Last time I deal with them)
I just wanted to expose the product so you guys can get it from whomever you wish if you wanted it, that's all. E-bay tends to be a funny place at times with bad dealings.

Did you have a bad experience with your product ?

My GMX product works like charm and I recommend it as I'm very happy with its multiple functions.

·
Registered
07' White Diamond EXT
475 Posts
I just wanted to expose the product so you guys can get it from whomever you wish if you wanted it, that's all. E-bay tends to be a funny place at times with bad dealings.

Did you have a bad experience with your product ?

My GMX product works like charm and I recommend it as I'm very happy with its multiple functions.
yea i had a bad experience that nobody on the forum understands...i have the gm super lockpick...and when in nav mode i put it on and i am able to use the buttons while driving but they flash on and off from enabled to disabled every two seconds and it takes forever to type something in...but i settled it and my GMX is on its way...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts