Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
Replace it all. Best mod I ever did to my car now has been to get rid of the factory Nav and Bose amp and replace everything. :thumbsup:

Shane
Definetly what I dream of doing.
However, how did you deal with Feature Programming and Competetive Driving Mode which need to be accessed from the NAV Screen?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Lunar,

Feature programming wasn't a big deal for me. I live in Texas so "outside temp reading" wasn't that big a deal...............it's hot. :) There are a couple of others but the "stereo" now out weighs thoughs without a doubt. As far a "comp mode" goes.......if I tap my TC button twice I'm in Comp mode. I verified this multiple times. All the factory NAV screen did was let you verify you were in that mode. Hope that made since. I don't miss anything else the factory NAV did.

GM,

Car is done. It leaves for Austin next weekend to have the radio trim panel and factory panels all "paint" matched. Car needs a lot of tuning with the Alpine "701" so I'm sending it to Steve Hester in Austin. He will be taking care of the "paint", "tuning" and "trunk trim plate" to cover the sub enclosure. He was in Conroe this weekend and took a look at the car. Basically he told me the install looked fantastic but the car sounded awful.
I think it sounds okay but he is a perfectionist. I may end up replacing the front door speakers (currently JL XR series components) with Hertz MK2 components. He is going to tune first and see how it sounds. All in all it was a very easy install. I told him if some of you guys decide to replace the factory NAV that he may have some more work on painting the trim........... he said no problem.

Just to let you guys know I'm about as anal as you can get (Urbanski can verify that) so I wouldn't let just anyone have my car for a month three hours away. I've known Steve for about twenty years now and he does phenominal work. I have set him up with some of the GTO guys and they have been extremely pleased with his work.

Shane

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
Seems like a great option. :thumbsup:

If you are having your install-kit paint matched, could you ask your installer if he would be willing to sell a paint matched install-kit to me also?
I know I will use it some time in the future.
I can't have the new CTS out performing my stereo and NAV.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Damn SS,
Sending her to Austin, in someone elses car for more than 24hrs? That take balls!
When I'm away from the V, I cherrish the comfort of knowing that she's in the GARAGE far away from strangers!

·
Registered
2006 Light Platinum STS-V - 2005 Black Raven CTS-V (gone)
277 Posts
Damn SS,
Sending her to Austin, in someone elses car for more than 24hrs? That take balls!

Of course it would for you, touting all that GOONER garbage above! :cookoo:

Lawlz @ all the Okies who purchase UT-Licensed merchandise only to mount it upside down. Thanks for your support!

I'm so ready for the season to start... just look for the V with the rear window decal:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
GM,

My neighbor would love you. His son is the starting short stop for OU. I'm a Sam Houston Bearkat myself so listening about OU gets a little old every weekend on the golf course.:alchi:

Shane

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Of course it would for you, touting all that GOONER garbage above! :cookoo:

Lawlz @ all the Okies who purchase UT-Licensed merchandise only to mount it upside down. Thanks for your support!

I'm so ready for the season to start... just look for the V with the rear window decal:

Damn dude you put OU on your car???
We appreciate your support too!:histeric:

I just might have to make the game to see your glass in person. Although I'm positive that you'll be leavin the game early after we commence to Whoopin that A$$. I hope you didn't think TX could possibly win again?

Please watch the UNT thrashing on the 1st. I wish we stop having this scrimmage. Every year, 1st game of the season, beat UNT like they stole somethin, This is really getting old.
GM,

My neighbor would love you. His son is the starting short stop for OU. I'm a Sam Houston Bearkat myself so listening about OU gets a little old every weekend on the golf course.:alchi:

Shane
Wife went to Sam for a year before I rescued her and brought her to OU.
Neighbor's son made a great choice.
Had I not went to OU, I may still be in Houston (not sure if that's good or bad) However, I find it quite ironic that most the folks from Houston that went to OU stayed in Oklahoma and the native Oklahomans moved to Dallas or Houston.

·
Registered
2006 Light Platinum STS-V - 2005 Black Raven CTS-V (gone)
277 Posts
Damn dude you put OU on your car???
We appreciate your support too!:histeric:

I just might have to make the game to see your glass in person. Although I'm positive that you'll be leavin the game early after we commence to Whoopin that A$$. I hope you didn't think TX could possibly win again?
LAWLZ! I'm so ready for the RRS. We'll get to see more of this:

...the native Oklahomans moved to Dallas or Houston.
You're right about that one. I don't really mind them around here, but find it friggin hilarious when I hear comments from them. I've got a few good friends who are Norman legacy, and I used to live in Edmond, so I only care about the rivalry on one day out of the year, even though I went to UT. In fact, I've got a couple tickets to "Owned Field" for this season, and I'll be cheering for a big win over Miami. Bedlam will still be the most intense game played at home.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts