Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 deville
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of using this until I can afford to get it repaired right. Will this give me a little time until I can get it fixed? Also I have to travel about 75 miles to Midwest Cadillac Repair in Palatine Ill. from my home in Indiana, will this help get me there?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,711 Posts
Most of us would strongly suggest that you NOT use block sealers or other temporary fixes. The possibility of system clogs and damage is just too great. IF you're ready to do the head stud job, check out the fluids, stock the trunk with several gallons of coolant diluted to 25% concentration and head for the shop. If the car is just plain undriveable due to radical coolant loss, you would be dollars ahead by simply trucking it to the shop.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,430 Posts
75 miles is close enough to drive it. Just bring several gallons of water with in case you need it. I suspect Joe would prefer you do that as opposed to putting that snake oil in it before he works on it.

·
Registered
'99 DeVille D'Elegance
59 Posts
Had my '99 De'Elegance done at Midwest about a month ago.

Joe did an excellent job.

I'm only about 20 minutes from Midwest and found out about them from Ranger on this site.

Car has about 1,000 miles since job was done and everything is good.

Car had only about 76,000 miles on it when H/G problem surfaced.I don't buy the myth that the problem is due to owner maintenance neglect.

My car has been maintained to the point of overkill. Oil/Filter every 2,000 miles. I've changed out coolant at least twice and maybe even three times.

My opinion is that it's a design flaw that should have been handled by GM/ CADILLAC but $$$$ evidently made GM decide to let owner's foot the bill for their mistake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts