Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get my dealer to update the firmware on my 04 CTS-V and they had no clue about updating via a disc, etc. But they said that I could bring it in and they might be able to use GM Pass Through to connect to the internet and have GM update the firmware directly.

Is this possible or are they confused as to what I am asking, etc? Because frankly they seemed pretty damn clueless.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to tell them that...but...they said they could do it this way. I have to say I'm pretty skeptical.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V with 2 carseats in the back and a f'ing minivan
607 Posts
If they are that clueless AND they won't listen to you then find another dealer.

·
Registered
78 Deville 10 CTS-V Sedan M6 10 SRX Turbo Premium
252 Posts
I tried to tell them that...but...they said they could do it this way. I have to say I'm pretty skeptical.
Well if you still run into problems getting it updated and are in the Indy are you could use my update disc.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V with 2 carseats in the back and a f'ing minivan
607 Posts
Just noticed that the Navigation firmware sticky is gone:hmm:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
Time to talk to Heavymetals to get the disk...oh, and find a new dealer :shhh:

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the nearest dealer besides this one is 1.5 hours away. And I am in Southern AZ so not near Indy :(

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
Well the nearest dealer besides this one is 1.5 hours away. And I am in Southern AZ so not near Indy :(

Well I've heard of quite a few dealers having problems with the whole concept of flashing the navigation. My dealer wasn't quite sure what was going on, and I consider them a pretty good dealership. If I were you, I'd just get the flash disk from heavy and tell your dealer it just worked one day...and just hope your dealer is good with the important stuff. Have you checked them out on dealer rank?

http://www.cardealerrank.com/index.php

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, Powered by Chevrolet
835 Posts
They should be able to use the Tech II to flash the Navigation. I did it to mine with the technician since they didn't know the standard CTS is differnt than the V series. If my memory serves me right, the update is under the "Radio" menu of the tool not "Navigation." I do remember what was obvious under the tool did not work. It took a couple tries to get it to work.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got it from the member here. I don't feel like leaving my car with the dealer so they can dick it up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts