Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V sedan, 08 SRX4
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i bought my car all the emblems were faded. Mostly the red on all of them including the center caps. So i ordered all new ones from a guy on ebay. Real resonable i think I paid less than $100.00 for all the emblems and center caps. But he said that automatic car washes is the culprit.The detergents and hot steam cause them to discolor. Just FYI !

·
Registered
CTS-V
206 Posts
This happens all the time with or without hot steam. The reason is the clear insert has seams on edge leading to De-lamination in upper corners which peels off and fades colors.

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
yea my front emblem is fading fast.. make your old V emblems into key chains

op, did you get a part # for the grill emblem?

·
Registered
2004 Maggied CTS-V
140 Posts
I replaced my "V" emblems like 3 times before I went with the LS6 badges, cant believe there is no update to fix those emblems from cadillac, but in the end the ZR1 style LS6 badges dont look bad either.

There is a seller on the auction site, Big Daddy Caddy or something like that, that sells all the emblems for decent price, and they are all OEM

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V sedan, 08 SRX4
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah... Thats who i bought all my stuff from! Seems like a good guy! Super fast shipping too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts