Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was thinking of buying some stagger wheels for my cts, make it look sporty, but I can't find any stagger wheels that I like, so I was wondering what if I buy a bigger size rim on the back? I like how the bmw looks with the big and wide tire at the back and I want that look and I really don't know much about tire numbers? Maybe I don't even need to buy different wheels? Maybe just different tires? Could some one maybe explain that too? I also know that the rimes they sell them as 19im and 10 im preatty sure that means how wide the rim is? but i think the 18 in i want they come with 8in and sometimes 8.5? Could i put a reall| wide tire on that? if im not mistaken maybe like a 260? That is the wide right? ... And if anyone has done the smaller size one The front and bigger size on the back, could you send some pictures?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,035 Posts
You've gotten plenty of views and no replies because you're asking to be taught everything there is to know about wheel and tire sizing. Rather than try to do that, I'll give you a link where you can educate yourself - there are plenty of good sites out there that explain wheel and tire sizing. My suggestion is you go herehttp://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/tiretech.jsp (particularly the "Plus Size Wheels and Tires", "Tire Size Guide", and "Tire Specs Explained" articles) and do some reading - you should be able to answer most of your own questions. Come back if you still have questions after that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts