Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason I ask is that one of mine has a small blemish.

I am considering either replacing the oem decal or changing all four to brembo decals.

1.) What is the process to remove the decal without hurting the caliper paint.
2.) Where did you obtaint the brembo or OEM decals
3.) What is the process to re-apply.
4.) Got pics?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Really have not looked close enough to determine if paint or decal. I can look at it closer in the daylight with my lighted magnicard. :)
If painted, it is painted over caliper paint because there is gray caliper paint beneath the black paint.

So if they are paint, how do I remove the logo paint only?
if I can remove the logo paint, i can easily purchase Brembo logo stencils and some Duplicolor High temp paint.

As an aside: It is the wheel that throws the most dust, the driver side front. I wonder if there is a correlation? Rest of the caliper looks fine, just the logo has little missing bit missing.

I would like to avoid sanding the caliper and repainting and then doing the stencil logo if possible. If that is the process. I may consider repainting the cailpers another color, like black with white brembo lettering.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dom,

I just went and took a closer look. It is definatley paint.

I just had the car in for the oil leak repair and they had the front wheels off. Now I am wondering if this is a coincidence or not. I have had the car since June 2009 and pay particular attention to all aspects of the car finish. This is the first time I have seen any caliper damage. Oh well.

I'll probably sand and repaint, then use a brembo stencil. This will wait until the weather gets warm enough.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a pic of the damage. I will look into a V logo stencil and getting some caliper paint to touch up the blemish.

·
Registered
V2 CTSV
1,199 Posts
If my dealer had done the work on your car, they would have broken out a tailight, punctured a break line and burnt a hole in the headliner.

·
Registered
<-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(
1,172 Posts
If my dealer had done the work on your car, they would have broken out a tailight, punctured a break line and burnt a hole in the headliner.
:histeric:

Glad you can at least joke about it bro. :drunkpair:

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
I am considering either replacing the oem decal or changing all four to brembo decals.

2.) Where did you obtain the brembo or OEM decals
I got replacement V decals from 8thDay Creations (a forum vendor) with the intent of changing the color of my calipers and applying these decals.
Haven't done it yet...waiting for warmer weather.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V LPE 630
209 Posts
Looks like "high temp", knock-off Brembo caliper decals are pretty widely available on that famous auction site. Sets of 6 going for under $10 with good feedback.

·
Registered
2009 CTSV
14 Posts
My calipers are painted red. I bought Brembo decals and put them on all 4 corners. No problem. I will see if I can come up with the website for you.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V LPE 630
209 Posts
Thanks for link. I would think if you were going to have the calipers powdercaoted or painted, you could clear over the decals to really seal them in?

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I stopped by my dealer at lunch today and showed them the caliper. They agreed that it was not caused by a rock. I asked if they could repair. They said they do not have a stencil I could order.
They are looking into ordering me a new caliper as they were in agreement that it happened when the wheel was off as there is no damage to my rim.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V / 2015 Porsche Cayenne
725 Posts
I stopped by my dealer at lunch today and showed them the caliper. They agreed that it was not caused by a rock. I asked if they could repair. They said they do not have a stencil I could order.
They are looking into ordering me a new caliper as they were in agreement that it happened when the wheel was off as there is no damage to my rim.
Curtis I sure wish I dealt with a dealership as good as yours! That is GREAT customer service! Those calipers do not come cheap.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts