Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the mistake of not getting Xenon lights when I bought the car. I tried to change them with Hoen Superwhite Lights, but could not figure out how to get in there without do some damage.

My motivation is, even tho I can't stand the HID shining in my eyes as I'm driving, I bought my wife a Saab Aero and it has them. I just can't deal with the fact that her Saab has them and I don't. Anyway has anyone tried to change these lights or is this strickly a dealer fix.

·
Registered
None
198 Posts
cmicasa said:
I made the mistake of not getting Xenon lights when I bought the car. I tried to change them with Hoen Superwhite Lights, but could not figure out how to get in there without do some damage.

My motivation is, even tho I can't stand the HID shining in my eyes as I'm driving, I bought my wife a Saab Aero and it has them. I just can't deal with the fact that her Saab has them and I don't. Anyway has anyone tried to change these lights or is this strickly a dealer fix.
I can tell you that it is not going to easy. I changed the bulbs on my 05 and you have to first take the front inner wheel well plastic out. Next the under shield has to come off and then the front bumper. Once all of this is off you will have access to the light housing. They make it very difficult to change the bulbs. Let me know if you have any more questions.

·
Registered
None
198 Posts
Richard Boxman said:
BEWARE OF ANY CADDY WITH THE NORTHSTAR (JUNK) ENGINE - MY 1998 STS (MY 8TH CAD) WITH 76,000 MILES (WELL MAINTAINED) HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE CAR TWICE. INITIALLY TO SEAL THE ENGINE TO MINIMIZE (NOT ELIMINATE)OIL LEAKS, AND NOW TO INSTALL INSERTS TO ALLOW THE HEAD BOLTS TO BE PROPERLY TORQUED SO THE ENGINE COOLANT IS NOT LEAKING INTO THE CYLINDERS.THERE IS NO OTHER LUXURY SPORT CAR (HAHA) ON THE MARKET THAT HAS REQUIRED THIS AS A MATTER OF COURSE. CADILLAC HAS DONE NOTHING MORE THAN SAY THEY ARE SORRY FOR MY INCONVENIENCE. RICHARD BOXMAN [email protected]
Ok....not sure why you are talking about this here. Do you know that it has been 8 years since your car was built?? The Northstar is mush more refined and advanced since then. It is a great engine!!!:D

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Richard Boxman said:
BEWARE OF ANY CADDY WITH THE NORTHSTAR (JUNK) ENGINE - MY 1998 STS (MY 8TH CAD) WITH 76,000 MILES (WELL MAINTAINED) HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE CAR TWICE. INITIALLY TO SEAL THE ENGINE TO MINIMIZE (NOT ELIMINATE)OIL LEAKS, AND NOW TO INSTALL INSERTS TO ALLOW THE HEAD BOLTS TO BE PROPERLY TORQUED SO THE ENGINE COOLANT IS NOT LEAKING INTO THE CYLINDERS.THERE IS NO OTHER LUXURY SPORT CAR (HAHA) ON THE MARKET THAT HAS REQUIRED THIS AS A MATTER OF COURSE. CADILLAC HAS DONE NOTHING MORE THAN SAY THEY ARE SORRY FOR MY INCONVENIENCE. RICHARD BOXMAN [email protected]
You know... I can understand accidentally posting in the wrong section.. but what would lead you to post something like this in the middle of a completelt unlreated thread about headlights for the 2005 STS?

We welcome your comments, however please maintain them in the appropriate section and keep them on topic. In this case the section for your post would be the "Cadillac Seville/Cadillac Eldorado Forum".

Thanks and Welcome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts