Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 ESCALADE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering putting dual exhaust on my 2003 Escalade and see a few systems available for under $300. Would like to hear an opinion if you have seen and or heard these systems. I am just looking for a slightly deeper sound and i like the symmetrical look of having a pipe come out on either side (rather then just passenger side)

Here is a link to the dual exhaust systems that I am referring to:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=250&_udhi=300&_nkw=2003 cadillac escalade dual exhaust&rt=nc&_pppn=r1

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
Personally I would get a name brand and definitely stainless steel. I would do 3 inch instead of 2.5 and as far as sound I think it makes the truck sound like a Tahoe with exhaust escalade is meant to be semi quiet its luxury. Would you be installing it yourself? Why are you changing it any specific reason?

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,459 Posts
I wouldn't buy from them, the ad says bendrel bent,,,,,you mean mandrel?.?.?....

·
Registered
2003 ESCALADE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally I would get a name brand and definitely stainless steel. I would do 3 inch instead of 2.5 and as far as sound I think it makes the truck sound like a Tahoe with exhaust escalade is meant to be semi quiet its luxury. Would you be installing it yourself? Why are you changing it any specific reason?
Reason for change: my Escalade sounds too wimpy, and I also want dual pipes. Dont like the look of a single pipe.

·
Registered
Escalade
78 Posts
One thing to think about. If the left pipe goes by the compressor it might overheat it. My dual exhaust goes directly under the compressor which is kaput, but it was all bought that way so I dont know if that had anything to do with it.

·
Registered
2003 ESCALADE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up buying it on ebay. Will post pics and video with sound as well as installation procedure once I get it. Should be pretty easy to install.

On a separate note, I also bought a 2"/3" drop kit (spindles, springs, extenders, shocks). Anything worth mentioning in regards to the install from somebody that has done this procedure? (I will post pics of that as well as I go through the motions of installing it).

·
Registered
Escalade
78 Posts
I would like some info on your drop kit. Can the airride and front shocks work normally or do you have to remove these? Can you post the drop kit ebay link, Id like to take a look.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
lowco8 said:
I would like some info on your drop kit. Can the airride and front shocks work normally or do you have to remove these? Can you post the drop kit ebay link, Id like to take a look.
Some yes as you can use drop spindles for the front and the back just mainly requires modding the rear lift/dive sensors

1 - 10 of 10 Posts