Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have the same calipers and the DBA rotors do fit all 3 listed Chevrolets, but you have to use the appropriate OEM aluminum hat as the hubs are different on the Corvette and the Camaro. I am guessing that the ATS-V outer rotor rings are likely the same as the others. But a guess and actual experience are a bit different. Doesn't save a lot of money although I did see one guy got them South of $600 a pair. But they also tend to hold up on track work quite a bit better than the OEM.

https://www.knsbrakes.com/c/car-series/2521_2016+Chevrolet+Corvette+Z06+-+Iron+Brakes/539_DBA+T3+5000+Replacement+Ring+-+Single+Rotor+-+Use+with+OEM/Corvette+Hat

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We share calipers and pads with the Z06/GS and 1LE and the ZL1 and the CTS-V share pads with each other. So GM is spending their purchasing dollar wisely. I so far haven't confirmed rotor part numbers and sizes however.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Are we sharing front and rear calipers with the z06 and 1le? I am obsessing about red calipers to replace my boring silver ones. I do not like the red ats-v calipers all that much as they are too dark for my taste. I would have liked bright red.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The Corvette's are a bright red. The pads are the same. Are the calipers a bolt in replacement to include brake lines and all fittings???? I don't know. My Z06 and ATS-V calipers look the same but I haven't tried to interchange them.

Much brighter red Caliper on the Corvette.

·
Super Moderator 2005 CTS-V
7,698 Posts
I would think that even though they're the same caliper body, the piston diameters are probably not the same for the different cars. Maybe if you found a parts guy willing to do some digging, they could find the caliper piston rebuild part #s and figure out if they're the same or not.

As for the rotors, I think it would be useful to clarify which model years you're talking about, just so someone doesn't go buying the wrong thing. The Vette, in particular, seems to have gone through a couple/few different 6-piston setups in recent years. About a year ago I bought an ATS-V rotor and a pair of '15+ C7 GS rotors to compare to my CTS-V2 rotors. The rotor hats are definitely different between the ATS-V and C7 - there's a 10mm difference in height/offset - but the bolt pattern of the rotor rings is the same. Here's the one picture I have of the ATS-V rotor (which I returned shortly thereafter):

It seems to me that the DBA rotor rings would work. Bolt pattern is the same, and they should be the same 370x34mm.

Edit: I know Ken & Nick from KNS Brakes. They're good dudes, and if you call or email and explain that you're trying to figure out fitment they'd probably be willing to help. Confirming the fitment just opens up another market (albeit a small one) to them, so it seems it would be in their interest to find out the answer.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you mean 17+ GS rotors or 15+Z06 rotors. The C7 GS only came out in 17. Clearly the CTS-V and the ZL1 use bigger pads. I don't know about the rotor ring sizes. And the Camaro 1LE and the Corvette Z06 definitely have different hubs as you confirm. But I am just thinking about the rotor rings. I don't think there has been a change in the front Brembo Calipers on the Corvette since it debuted on the Z06 in 15. Mine is a late delivery 16.

More work than I want to put in pulling the rotors and trying to put the Corvette rotor ring on the ATS-V, but for somebody that is replacing rotors it might be worth a try to call KNS as the DBA rotor ring seems to be a better value than OEM. My ATS-V only has 2000 miles on it so it will be some time before I need rotors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Old thread bump, but I got confirmation from KNS that the rings will work. Their reply:

"Your rotors are the same as the Camaro SS 1LE and the DBA's for the Z06/GS work on those so you are good to go."

·
Registered
289 Posts
Old thread bump, but I got confirmation from KNS that the rings will work. Their reply:

"Your rotors are the same as the Camaro SS 1LE and the DBA's for the Z06/GS work on those so you are good to go."
Good info. My experience with DBA rotors on another car, both for street use and HPDE's, is extremely positive. Long lasting and haven't developed hot spots.

Only minor negative to the DBA rotors that I've used is a very faint "clicking" you can only hear with the windows down when coasting and your foot is off the brakes from the slotting-- and you only notice that if you're coasting down next to a curb that will echo the sound back to you, for example next to a curb in a left turn lane. As soon as you barely touch the brake pedal the noise is gone. If anyone asks about it, tell them it's wastegate rattle. ;)

Chances are when I need new front rotors I'll grab the DBA's instead of OEM and save ~$160 for the pair.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've always thought about trying the rotors from Racing Brake:

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've always thought about trying the rotors from Racing Brake:

I know this is from 5 years ago, but it's worth a look and read and probably a lot of followup searching for further information...

Here's another one from last year...

·
Registered
14 Posts
The RacingBrake one looks good but it's about double the price of the DBA rotors, which seem to have good reviews from lots of people. I plan on using them for my track rotors, so I'm less inclined to spend that much on something I'm going to wear out anyway. the DBA rings are slightly cheaper than buying full rotor assemblies from GM and supposedly last longer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just spoke to Ken and KNS. Very knowledgeable guy. He's quoting the rotors at $620 for the front pair. They are slotted and definitely seem to be better grade. The Manufacturer is Centric/Stoptech.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Not sure about the Z06, but the statement on the Camaro 1LE using the same rotors is correct.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The EBay link is wrong! Those fronts will not work. They are the wrong size.
I know it's an old thread, but there are still vendors claiming to have front rotors for our cars.

By their own specs these are NOT the correct front rotors for our cars. They list front rotor diameter as 321mm. Our cars, or at least my car with RPO code J6G has 370mm or 14.56 inch diameter.

This is a very common mis labeling problem across many vendors. I just replaced all four rotors on my car and the fronts were only available from GM parts direct. I looked for about five weeks before giving up and paying $383 and change for each front rotor.

A lot of vendors claim to have our front rotors, but only one now seems to sell the rings only without the hats. I just opted for the complete rotors from GM Parts Direct.

Hopefully soon there will be a high quality aftermarket front rotor available at a reasonable cost.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
8 Participants
gbrad