Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94' Seville STS
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed some 20's on my 94' STS and it really let me know how underpowered our brakes really are. My 20's don't weigh anywhere near as much as most peoples but still. Has anybody found another GM car that has bigger or better brakes that can be installed on the 93-97 cadillacs knuckles? For instance. 1996-2004 Ford Mustang Cobra 2 piston aluminum calipers with 13" rotors will bolt on to any 94-99 Ford Taurus SHO with no modifications other then redrilling the rotors bolt pattern from the Mustangs 5x114.3 to the SHO's 5x108. Thats it. They bolt right up and make the car stop fast as hell.

ANybody figure out if maybe a Camaro's brakes will work? If soo then we can buy a brake upgrade kit for a Camaro.:yup:

·
Registered
94' Seville STS
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Soo then can 98+ brakes be adapted to work on the 92-97? Can I install 98+ knuckles and upgraded brakes on my 94? BTW how did AJ's retuned ECU work out for you?

·
Registered
'93 ETC (N* 120k)
328 Posts
I feel like there was a discussion (that I personally was involved in) with all the info for upgrading our early ETC and STS brakes, but I cant seem to find the thread, can anyone help with mainly the vehicle that the up grade would come from? I swear it was something like 05 DTS or something like that...

I'm ready to do it right now. HELP!

:confused:

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts