Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i was wondering, has anyone spray painted or had their stock cts grill painted black or color mathing like the 2007 cts sport grill? I dont know if it would look stupid or cheap/bootlegged but it seems like a cheap way to get the ""blacked out'' look for my grill and it might look good. Anyone have this done or seen this? Thanks

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
Yes. There are several people on here who've done it. Doesn't look bad at all.

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
Ahhh, I forgot Bobby had his up for sale in the classifieds. Good looking out Rblimas.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L VVT
32 Posts
I bought one off ebay and sprayed it that way i'd have the original if i wanted to go back. It cost me 35 and shipping for the grill on ebay.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
The guy's are right, I'll bet the dealer won't even notice. Some also paint the mesh on the V grill, that to looks good. More of a sport look.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Like Robert, I got a used one off of eBay for cheap. I had my dealer paint it, along with the side skirts and V front bumper, before I had them install the whole works. It is much better looking than the silver grill, especially if one updates the smoked plastic rear license plate bezel on the early cars. I can still return the entire car to stock, as I've kept all of the original parts, when I do decide to sell it, and sell off my mods. Very aero look, and for me, like the plates say, don't let me get mistaken for a V to those who can't tell the difference.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Like Robert, I got a used one off of eBay for cheap. I had my dealer paint it, along with the side skirts and V front bumper, before I had them install the whole works. It is much better looking than the silver grill, especially if one updates the smoked plastic rear license plate bezel on the early cars. I can still return the entire car to stock, as I've kept all of the original parts, when I do decide to sell it, and sell off my mods. Very aero look, and for me, like the plates say, don't let me get mistaken for a V to those who can't tell the difference.

Hmmm..business must be good Ody! A Cadillac, a sailboat and a motorcycle.
Life has been good:thumbsup:

Bob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts