Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Seville STS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be the last post about this problem of mine.

My car goes to the dealership on Monday. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. If they stocked the part I would be there waiting for the service dept. to open at 7am tomorrow. But it will take 3 business days to get the harmonic balancer in.

My serpentine belt continues to run off track, has since the pulley was replaced. Or rather, I noticed after the pulley was replaced & then the belt itself (for the second time) a week later. Replaced the belt again (#3) last night cause there was a small chunk taken out of it.

Would a wobbling harmonic balancer cause a serpentine belt to run off track - 1 or 2 rows towards the inner side of the car?

How can someone not install a pulley properly? Is it a hard thing to accomplish? Could this be the problem? This was suggested before.

I can here something hitting something intermittently in the area of the serpentine belt. Something isn’t right. YA THINK???

If this new harmonic balancer doesn't cure my serpentine problems & wobble, I'm done. Done like dinner. I don't have the time, money, patience or desire to worry about this thing anymore. I'd rather take a bus.:mad:

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
Would a wobbling harmonic balancer cause a serpentine belt to run off track - 1 or 2 rows towards the inner side of the car?

How can someone not install a pulley properly? Is it a hard thing to accomplish? Could this be the problem? This was suggested before.
Yes it could... But unless the harmonic balancer was messed with, I would have to see it wobble to believe it.

It's very easy to not install a pully properly. They could put a washer in the wrong place, forget to tighten a bolt (which would cause it to tilt), or with some pulleys they could press it on crooked or not far enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts