Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was all ready to hardwire my Sirius radio and iPod to my stock stereo, when the technician told me I lacked the necessary connection. I went to the dealership to ask if anything could be done, and they said "no, Sirius and iPods can not be hardwired to the stock deck". Has anyone else had the same experience? Or has anyone actually successfully hardwired anything to a DTS stereo? Really disappointed. I'd rather not use the FM transmitter. Please let me know. Thanks.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
theres two ways to do this a cheep and an expensive. one id buy a cassette adapter that will alow you to play it through your deck. two buy an adapter from axxess or pac that plugs between your hu and the stock plug that will give you a set of rca inputs.

·
Registered
03 escalade
172 Posts
mackrez said:
I was all ready to hardwire my Sirius radio and iPod to my stock stereo, when the technician told me I lacked the necessary connection. I went to the dealership to ask if anything could be done, and they said "no, Sirius and iPods can not be hardwired to the stock deck". Has anyone else had the same experience? Or has anyone actually successfully hardwired anything to a DTS stereo? Really disappointed. I'd rather not use the FM transmitter. Please let me know. Thanks.
I doubt Sirrius can be added, but the stereo came with an XM option from the factory...so it must be possible. The dealer won't be of much help... it's been my experience that they play within the rules (and I don't blame them for that) and the rules are that XM must of come with the vehicle... it's not suppsoed to be added later.
I'm sure it's possible, but you'll likely be on your own in finding out how.

I'm in the process of installing a new (stock) nav unit in my 02 DTS... as soon as I get that install completed, I'll be glad to share what I've learned about the XM option, as that will be going in next...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CadillacETC1997 said:
theres two ways to do this a cheep and an expensive. one id buy a cassette adapter that will alow you to play it through your deck. two buy an adapter from axxess or pac that plugs between your hu and the stock plug that will give you a set of rca inputs.
"axxess or pac that plugs between your hu and the stock plug that will give you a set of rca inputs."
This sounds like what I'm trying to do. Can you explain a little more? And are you sure it would work on a 02 DTS? I'm using the tape adaper now. Hardwiring is what I want.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
yup it would work, axxess i know has one im assuming pac does too. Basically it connects between the HU and the plug creating an input like your external disc changer (if you have one not sure its an option you dont need the externam cd changer for this to work though). You then simply plug in your ipod of your sirus radio. I kno the really cool thing about the axess ipod one is that it will allow you to flip through the songs using your steering wheel controls. If you cannot find it i know a custom car audio shop about 30 mins away from my house in Monroville PA called Audio Communications that has it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CadillacETC1997 said:
yup it would work, axxess i know has one im assuming pac does too. Basically it connects between the HU and the plug creating an input like your external disc changer (if you have one not sure its an option you dont need the externam cd changer for this to work though). You then simply plug in your ipod of your sirus radio. I kno the really cool thing about the axess ipod one is that it will allow you to flip through the songs using your steering wheel controls. If you cannot find it i know a custom car audio shop about 30 mins away from my house in Monroville PA called Audio Communications that has it.
Thank you. That sounds promissing. Can you tell me how to search for "axxess" or "pac"? Not sure what those companies are. Is it the actually name of a device?

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
im not sure of the numbers but i will be out at the audio shop in 2 days to buy a bose interface to put my bose speakers and amps back in to run off my aftermarket HU so i can get you part numbers then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CadillacETC1997 said:
im not sure of the numbers but i will be out at the audio shop in 2 days to buy a bose interface to put my bose speakers and amps back in to run off my aftermarket HU so i can get you part numbers then.
Thanks so much. Please let me know.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
lol i completely understand man naw i havent been out to monroville yet i will def be out there within the next week tho

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it possible for you to describe the part and i'll try to find it myself? Or i can at least point the guy at the audio shop in the right direction. Thanks.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
shit man i completely forgot im sooo sorry ill get the info for you on monday because they arent open on weekends

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CadillacETC1997 said:
shit man i completely forgot im sooo sorry ill get the info for you on monday because they arent open on weekends
I feel as if you're my last hope. Everywhere is telling me a new head unit is my only option. I'm hoping you know something they don't.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts