Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, this couldnt have been simpler. Took about 20 minutes with the hardwire kit from Valentine. The hot lead that I used was from the Passenger Airbag connector that is a switched wire. Ran the wire up the headliner and out the front about 6 inches, attached to V1 and boom....easiest V1 install Ive ever done.
I will get some pix this weekend...

F

·
Registered
2006 Light Platinum STS-V - 2005 Black Raven CTS-V (gone)
277 Posts
Nice job F! I did the exact same with mine--easy access, even got the wire enclosed in the plastic channel that runs down the windshield en route to the mirror. The nice thing about it is that's the only circuit available in the overhead console that's switched on ignition.

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Wow, this couldnt have been simpler. Took about 20 minutes with the hardwire kit from Valentine. The hot lead that I used was from the Passenger Airbag connector that is a switched wire. Ran the wire up the headliner and out the front about 6 inches, attached to V1 and boom....easiest V1 install Ive ever done.
I will get some pix this weekend...

F

What color wire. I came off the power sunroof and it only works with the lights on....

Thanks

·
Registered
2006 Light Platinum STS-V - 2005 Black Raven CTS-V (gone)
277 Posts
I'm not going to pull my console down to take pics of the wire, as it's too risky given the small solder joint I'm using to the telephone wire. The ignition lead is tied to the airbag indicator PCB, and I'm thinking the +12V source has a pink stripe on the wire. Sunroof and map lights are on RAP.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Laser Interceptor...not on the market yet....but its is BY FAR the best counter measure out there for lidar.

F

1 - 9 of 9 Posts