Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
cts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2009 DI AWD last week to replace my M35x. Loving the car, and, working in GM World HQ, loving the fact that I found an American car that was every bit the equal of the Infiniti. Nice not to get the fisheye from all the GM execs when I'm pulling into my spot in the morning.

I'd like to hard wire my radar detector (V1) to avoid the telltale (and nasty looking) cord running from my power outlet to the top of my windshield. On my Infiniti I was able to use an invisicord and tap into the power harness to the mirror to accomplish that easily. Bought another invisicord and went to hook it up last night, only to find a cover over the wire harness going into the mirror.

Could use some suggestions. Any ideas on how to remove that cover? I don't want to yank on it too much and goof up the mirror... Any other ideas on routing power to a radar detector?

·
Registered
2015 ATS 3.6 RWD Premium
502 Posts
Just saw your question regarding the cover. I modified (bent) the pins to accomodate reinstalling the cover. If you decide to do this, ensure you are patient and do it very slowly. The Invisicord pins are fragile, brittle, and easily snapped. It will be tight, but the cover will snap back into place over the wire bundle. I routed the Invisicord up through the rear view mirror wiring cover (material) and then into the back of the jack. Cover is snapped back into place. Other than the short segment of Invisicord coming out of the detector itself, you can't see the wiring. Detector is centered directly under the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
'14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, 2017 XT5 AWD
1,415 Posts
I threw the cover away. I could have bent the pins, but I didn't see the point of the cover. No problems from it.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
Instead of all of the wiggle waggle, just run the cord up and into the overhead console and tap you hot and ground wires there. This way you have less visible power cord, you don't need an invisicord and you can use a simple two wire connector for fast removal. A whole lot easier than messing with the mirror and assorted pins.

·
Registered
cts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Appreciate the thought of just running to the overhead console, but you are giving me way, way more credit than I deserve with respect to my technical abilities. I know you're going to say it is a piece of cake, but I'm going to stick with the (relatively) idiot proof invisicord.

Seriously though, I appreciate the idea, as well as the contributions from everyone here. If only I could figure out how to post pictures I could show the photos I took of a 2010 sportwagon outside GM this morning....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts