Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Deville
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
.....that someone could buy such a beautiful car for a premium price, and treat it so badly!:bonkers:
Now that I've had my '04 DeVille for a few weeks, it has become painfully obvious that it has been a victim of many abuses. The laundry list of things that the dealer has done for me, and that I have left to do, shows me that my vision of the previous owner, a 400 lb. wifebeater weari'n cigar smoki'n junkyard dog covered in grease and his last few meals...... is likely pretty accurate.
I must have been BLIND when I looked at this car! the interior is filthy, and there's even grease on the headliner!
The center console and ashtray were enough to make me ill.
I found the floor mats (strategically placed upside-down) in the trunk, looking like they had been used to protect a garage floor from MANY oil change mishaps and dropped cigar ashes.:suspense:

Needed brakes and rotors all the way around- done by dealer.
Needed intake to T-body plenum replaced-done by dealer.
The trunk torsion rods were off and on the floor (?)-fixed by dealer.
Front ashtray snapped off- fixed by dealer.
Side view mirror shattered- fixed by dealer.:suspense:
Transmission had a nasty leak- fixed by dealer.
Color bleached from a large spot on passenger front seat-fixed by dealer.
Rear passenger window doesn't work-just found.
Rear ashtray lid missing-just found.
Needs O2 sensor-just got service engine light.
Needs secondary air inj. pmp.-just got S.E light.

I still think I got a decent deal at $3k with 80K miles.........I don't have to put more than another thousand into it.
Never owned a Caddy, but my dad ALWAYS did and never.......EVER did he have such mechanical failures. Of course HE treated the car as if it were one of his KIDS!

Whne ya stop laughi'n, can ya wish me a little LUCK with this thing? It really is a beautiful car, in spite of it's injuries.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Re: Hard to believe......

Nobody laughing. Everyone sees only what the want to see in a used car man, been there many times to find the "surprises" left for me. Maintenance items like brakes, plenum and even a non working window don't bother me. Now the filth left by the PO would drive me insane. When I bought my 97 with under 40k on it the thing was a pig sty. I mean looked like the dumped soda and coffee everywhere. Took it apart and cleaned everything. You got about what you paid for at that mileage probably. Who paid for the dealer repairs so far, you or the dealer?

·
Registered
2004 Deville
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The dealer has done everything so-far at his own expense. He also intends to replace the air pump for me, but the rest is on me because the 30 day warrentee was up when discovered.
The dealer is an upstanding guy (for a used car dealer) and has offered to cut extra keys and program my keyfobs when I get them.
I've bought 2 cars from him in the past and he was the same way about making things right.
I forgot to mention in my first post: bent rim, no keyfobs and only 1 key.
The filth bothers but doesn't otherwise concern me, because I do a pretty decent detail job when I have the time.
Really love this car and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can tweek it without much else going wrong.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Can't beat that with a stick if dealer paying. Most places are crappy to deal with.

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts

My grandma's husband (NOT my grandfather) would only drive Cadillacs and Lincolns. Nothing else. He'd buy one a couple years old, and drive it until it died. He's replace a flat tire or a burnt out headlight, but he thought oil changes were unnecessary, so he didn't have them done. He's drive it until there was so much smoke you couldn't see or it locked up, junk it, buy another. Some people just don't have the brains to appreciate a good thing.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts

Some people are just too lazy, stupid or rich to care about maintenance. That said, your dealer sounds like a one of a kind gem.

·
Registered
81 supporter
459 Posts

should have took your time and looked the car over a little better, it took me well over 3 years before i bought the deville i have now i must of looked at atleast 50 vehicles before i bought my 03 deville with 29k on it from the dealer the car looked as if it came off the show room floor back in 09

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Sedan deVille
591 Posts

should have took your time and looked the car over a little better, it took me well over 3 years before i bought the deville i have now i must of looked at atleast 50 vehicles before i bought my 03 deville with 29k on it from the dealer the car looked as if it came off the show room floor back in 09
Who has that much patience and time - 3 years and 50 vehicle inspections/test drives, especially if they're looking for a daily driver car?

·
Registered
81 supporter
459 Posts

Who has that much patience and time - 3 years and 50 vehicle inspections/test drives, especially if they're looking for a daily driver car?
i did, just kept driving my park ave till i found the vehicle i wanted, i would scan all the online car sales every day and every once in a while go look at a couple, cars a big investment rush into it and end up with junk, patients with get u a nice ride
same thing when i bought my house took me 5 to 6 years before i found one i really liked why settle for something that i might like

1 - 9 of 9 Posts