Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'94 FWB; '94 STS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car jerks pretty hard when shifting from park to drive or drive to reverse, etc. I'm putting it in the shop today for the transmission input speed sensor and the 1-2, 2-3 shift solenoids. Will this alleviate the problem? Or is it something else?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been dealing with a hard shifting issue with my 94 SLS for the past few years. PO76 is the DTC for it...Transmission Pressure Solenoid. Sometimes it goes away but is present most of the time. Hard shifitng especially from P to D or P to R. It is a separate issue from the shift solenoids.

·
Registered
'94 FWB; '94 STS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since they're dropping my transmission I might as well install a new transmission pressure solenoid.

·
Registered
1995 Seville SLS/155,000
35 Posts
I have been dealing with a hard shifting issue with my 94 SLS for the past few years. PO76 is the DTC for it...Transmission Pressure Solenoid. Sometimes it goes away but is present most of the time. Hard shifitng especially from P to D or P to R. It is a separate issue from the shift solenoids.
I have a 1995 Seville, it was hard shifting the same way and was throwing P076. The transmission guy said he has seen this many times on the seville and it usually was the PCM/ECM unit. He replaced it, the code and the hard shift went away.

·
Registered
Cadillac Seville STS 1993 N*
54 Posts
I would put my money on a new ECM too. Had the same problem and a new ecm helped. When ECM is gone bad, then pressures in trans go wrong and it starts to shift hard. This for me ended with a new tranny so don't just ignore it.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,941 Posts
Yeah. Just unplug it and dismount it. Revers to install. I'm not sure if the '94 was still under the dash or moved to under the air filter yet. Someone who is more familiar with it will have to chime in.

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac Seville STS (November 2012, 183k)
968 Posts
On RA its says it needs re-programming when the new ECM is installed, what does that entail?

Also, ECM does sound like my issue because when it shifts hard (between P/R/D) my RPMs bounce around (goes from 650 to like 800 then down to 550 and back to 650)

·
Registered
'94 FWB; '94 STS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rockauto is $250 plus $9 to shipping ($259). Then you send your old unit back to Rockauto and they give you $70 for it ($189). But sending it will run you $10-$15, which means in the end you pay a total of $199-$204 and go through the hassle off going to the post office and waiting for rebates.

Or you can simply get it from Auto Parts Warehouse for $200 with free shipping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts