Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T Performance
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much of a story here. I took my car in last week for its first maintenance visit, along with a list of service items I had been keeping. Mostly minor stuff. My favorite part was the service writer's reaction to my "useless voice recognition" complaint: he looks me in the eye and says, "Yeah, our CUE system sucks." Points for honesty, sir.

Anyway, I had an SRX loaner while they worked on it, and we put a few hundred miles on it. My wife really liked the SRX, but I was surprised by how much I disliked it. Or rather, I thought it was a great car for what it is, and I really liked several features (adjustable pedals, power rear hatch, panoramic roof, 3.6 exhaust noise), but it just felt big and heavy and lifeless.

Got my ATS back yesterday and was just reminded of how much I really enjoy it. The bolstered seats with exit memory, the smaller cockpit feel, the aggressive look of the thing, and the performance that just goes when I want it to go and dives into corners wherever I point it. And now that the speakers don't buzz, the weatherstrip isn't loose, and the sunroof is...safer?...I have a renewed appreciation for my ATS. Haven't tested out the updated CUE software yet, but I have low expectations.

A couple of things they couldn't reproduce; anyone run into these?
- I have to push the lumbar switch just right to get it to inflate. Like, there's a little slot, and I miss it if I don't push at the correct angle.
- Every now and then, I get in the car, and the seat is further back than I'm expecting. And it won't move forward (via memory or manual adjustment) until I click it a touch backward. Then I can hit memory to get it forward into the right position. It's really intermittent, and I didn't expect them to run into it in the shop.

Anyway that's all. Just happy to have my car back.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L Luxury
263 Posts
My favorite part was the service writer's reaction to my "useless voice recognition" complaint: he looks me in the eye and says, "Yeah, our CUE system sucks." Points for honesty, sir.
I LOLd.

Just happy to have my car back.
Finally convinced my wife to drive my car for a couple of days so she could be familiar with it in case of emergency. Boy did I hate driving her purple Rogue a.k.a. Barney. And she keeps a bunch of crap in the thing, every time I took a turn I could hear all her stuff clanging, banging, rolling around. Oh man was I happy to trade cars back!

·
Registered
2014 Red Obsession ATS Premium 3.6L
601 Posts
yeah man, whats up with women (in general) and their tendency to leave a whole bunch of stuff loose in the car? My wife wouldnt even wash the car for years if I wasnt going to do it. She loves stuffing the car with her neccesities stuff and it looks like a battle field :(

angel71rs said:
I LOLd. Finally convinced my wife to drive my car for a couple of days so she could be familiar with it in case of emergency. Boy did I hate driving her purple Rogue a.k.a. Barney. And she keeps a bunch of crap in the thing, every time I took a turn I could hear all her stuff clanging, banging, rolling around. Oh man was I happy to trade cars back!

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L Luxury
263 Posts
yeah man, whats up with women (in general) and their tendency to leave a whole bunch of stuff loose in the car?
Now that I think about it, all the women I dated kept a bunch of crap in their cars too. As to why, who knows, maybe they like to make nests???

Wife traded Barney in on a new Corolla. So far she is doing a good job of keeping it nice and neat. We'll see how long that lasts...

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance, White Diamond Tricoat
497 Posts
My wife must be an anomaly. The ATS is actually hers (I drive it when we travel together because she scares me :)) but the car is pristine. It's cleaner on the inside than the day we bought it; nothing is out of place. It's just over two years old, and if it's raining when she brings it into the garage, she wipes it down with microfiber towels. And there's not a scratch on it. For what it's worth, the house is the same way ... like living in a museum. :worship: And that's certainly a lot better than the opposite extreme.

·
Registered
2014 Red Obsession ATS Premium 3.6L
601 Posts
if only my wife could be like that ::worship:: ...
RocketDawg said:
My wife must be an anomaly. The ATS is actually hers (I drive it when we travel together because she scares me :)) but the car is pristine. It's cleaner on the inside than the day we bought it; nothing is out of place. It's just over two years old, and if it's raining when she brings it into the garage, she wipes it down with microfiber towels. And there's not a scratch on it. For what it's worth, the house is the same way ... like living in a museum. :worship: And that's certainly a lot better than the opposite extreme.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security
383 Posts
You surely left off the last line of the story... "Then I awoke to find myself in the shower with Victoria Principal"... That would be more believable! LOL

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 RWD Premium
48 Posts
Funny....I took my ATS in for an oil change this week and got a SRX loaner. I was surprised how much I liked it! It is a big heavy car, but I loved the heavy steering, sitting up high, and I thought the interior was really nice and classy. I have no idea what trim level it was, but it was very luxurious. Then when I got my 3.6 ATS back, I loved it even more and it really felt fast and powerful compared to the SRX. But overall, I'd like to have a SRX loaner again sometime.

·
Registered
2017 Prem-Lux CT6 3.0TT - Black Raven, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice
329 Posts
I actually like my SRX better for highway driving on long trips. The SRX has softer suspension and "rides like a Cadillac" whereas my ATS has tight suspension and more jarring. Great handling though.

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts
:yup:
I actually like my SRX better for highway driving on long trips. The SRX has softer suspension and "rides like a Cadillac" whereas my ATS has tight suspension and more jarring. Great handling though.
I'll make a bet you still have the run flats. Trade those suckers out for non runflats and I'll bet you'll change your tune. It will drive more like that Cadillac ride you're talking about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts