Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
CTS V-Sport
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally pulled the trigger just over a week ago. I was looking for a replacement for my heavily modified Audi A3 (360hp & adjustable suspension). I was specifically looking for something a little bigger, with at least 400hp from the factory, adjustable suspension, highly optioned, and preferably with a manual. Every review I read or watched had nothing but great things to say about how the CTS V-Sport, how it handles, and how much power it has. Considering the power and the 'options' that come standard on the V-Sport Premium, for the price there really wasn't anything that could touch it.

I ended up finding a great deal on a "new" 2014 CTS V-Sport Premium with 3,500 miles that was previously used as a GM Executive & Auto Show car. Key Cadillac in Edina, MN talked me in to coming down for a test drive and I fell in love with it pretty quickly. For such a big car (compared to what I've had in the past) I'm floored by how well it throws its weight around - the Cadillac magnetic ride is truly amazing. The steering is great and the twin-turbo V6 (420 hp / 430 tq) pulls Very strong. The car is a ton of fun to drive! I'm usually one to figure out all the bells & whistles on a car pretty quick but I actually felt the need to read the manual on this one. There is just so much the car can do! Just over a week in I feel like I have a pretty good handle on CUE and all the other features.

I never thought I'd say (at age 37) that I bought a Caddy but I couldn't be happier with the decision!

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport sedan
64 Posts
Great car (but don't we all say that?)! Vrickle, that was almost my same path as well. I was looking for a fast sedan. I researched over a year, looking at comparable BMW, Audi, MB, a couple of domestics and this Vsport. After reading many, many pro and owner reviews and a couple test drives, I decided on the Vsport. I then shopped for about 6 months, until I found the color combo I wanted. It was also red, and also a dealer demo with 3800 miles. My neighbor is an auto broker, so between trading my pickup, and his help on the price, I am happy all the way around! Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
17 XT5 Luxury AWD (Wife) / 17 ATS-V Coupe 6MT (Past) / 14 CTS VSport prem(past)
135 Posts
You're not the only young one here! I bought my vsport a week after my 38th birthday. I also bought an exec car (I'm a GM employee), and got a great deal as well

·
Registered
2003 CTS Base and 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport Premium
550 Posts
Young owner here as well. Purchased my 2014 VSport Premium new a month after my 32nd birthday (this year). I received an awesome deal from the GM/Cadillac execs.

·
Registered
CTS V-Sport
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's awesome to see so many experiences similar to mine. And to see there's a great younger crowd as well. Cadillac has been doing a remarkable job turning itself around and building exciting new products. Unfortunately I think they're still flying very much under the radar. I came from an Audi crowd and when I posted the new car on that board I got almost no reaction at all. Even though any time someone switches to a BMW the comments and congrats flow like wine.

I guess that just means I need to be a Cadillac Brand Ambassador and help educate people on just how great their new cars are. I'm totally up for that!

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport, 2016 Chevy SS M6
493 Posts
It's awesome to see so many experiences similar to mine. And to see there's a great younger crowd as well. Cadillac has been doing a remarkable job turning itself around and building exciting new products. Unfortunately I think they're still flying very much under the radar. I came from an Audi crowd and when I posted the new car on that board I got almost no reaction at all. Even though any time someone switches to a BMW the comments and congrats flow like wine.
I think there is a lot of elitists in that German crown, but they earned it. BMW built their brand on creating the best driving cars in the world, followed by Audi and MB (though BMW has always been the most athletic among them). Caddy has been building great cars for a relatively short time, so its no surprise that the 'new guy' is not getting much respect, it takes time. Plus, think of how many times GM starting doing great things only to F it up in the name of cost cutting or some other corporate BS move. I had a first gen CTS-V and consider myself an early adopter of the Cadillac renaissance and hope it continues and trickles down to other GM brands.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V-Sport
29 Posts
39 year old owner here; owned my V-Sport almost 2 months now..

I have to say that I never intended on buying a Cadillac. I 'bought-in' to the BMW/Audi elitist crowd, and was really shopping for an S4 or 3/5-series. I drove all of them, and while they were excellent cars, I didn't get that 'warm and fuzzy' feeling from any of them. S4 was probably the most fun to drive, but it felt small and not particularly luxurious. For the kind of money these brands command, I wanted to be wowed. For comparison, I also drive the Infiniti Q50 and Lexus GS. The Q50 was a mixed bag, while the GS was fairly nice. I almost pulled the trigger on a new GS F-Sport, but then I came across the Motor Trend comparison on Youtube against the V-Sport. I was intrigued. So I went down to the Cadillac dealer and gave it a spin. I was immediately impressed. After the first hard turn on the test drive, I was hooked. What a great balance of power, control, comfort, and luxury. It gave me the warm and fuzzy that was really lacking from anything from Germany. And when you added up the options, the V-Sport premium was a relative bargain. I guess I was lucky in that they had a 'new' 2014 V-Sport on the lot that they were anxious to get rid of. It had 200 miles on the odometer, but for the price I paid it was more than worth it. So long story long, Cadillac earned my business by building a fantastic car, that quite frankly outperformed the German competition (in the same price range anyways).

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport white tri coat/cashmere interior
291 Posts
YouTube videos are what turned me onto the VSport! Every one seemed to be pointing me to it.

·
Registered
2013 CTS Wagon
41 Posts
Does this model come only with summer tires? If so, a large part of the country will ave to do without.

----------

Oops, I see no 4 wheel drive. Let's me out.

·
Registered
2011 Escalade EXT, 2011 srx, 2009 xlr, 2007 cts
1 Posts
congrats on a great car. *I just sold my first caddy 07 cts (bought it when I was 41) and have been looking for a cts v sport premium. *Was looking at a cts V but then a rep at the Phila car show turned me on to the v sport and I have been looking since then, but had to wait and sell my 07. *Now I am really wanting to find the right color combo after reading your impressions.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport, 2016 Chevy SS M6
493 Posts
Does this model come only with summer tires? If so, a large part of the country will ave to do without.

----------

They only make enough to supply the warm states anyway ;-) *

·
Registered
VSport 2014
2 Posts
The American car industry went through a very long dry spell, while the imports kept trucking along. It appears that, not only have we caught up, but in some cases surpassed them. Cadillac is a prime example . After almost 6000 miles, including a cross country trip, I couldn't be more pleased with my 2014 CTS Vsport premium. And I just want to throw in there that we got almost 30 miles per gallon average on the trip . My wife and I would devote many hours on a weekly basis walking around our neighborhood, and walking around and through our local auto mall. One of the dealerships is a Cadillac dealership, and we would spend more time on their lot gazing at their inventory. Well, late last year we took the plunge, after getting a very good deal on this car. Anybody who is in the market for this class of vehicle, take the time to at least give it I test drive. I can guarantee you will be impressed.

·
Registered
'14 V sport
88 Posts
Do without what? The car? The type of tires a car comes with would be an awfully silly reason not to buy it. I live in the snowbelt and I bought the V sport on 12/31. Drove it home and swapped all-seasons on it the next day. Drove it with that setup till about April, and now I'm back to the stock summer tires, probably until November.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Do without what? The car? The type of tires a car comes with would be an awfully silly reason not to buy it. I live in the snowbelt and I bought the V sport on 12/31. Drove it home and swapped all-seasons on it the next day. Drove it with that setup till about April, and now I'm back to the stock summer tires, probably until November.
Silly, you're supposed to trade in your car twice a year for one with the correct seasonal tires!
Who changes tires, that's way too much trouble.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
CTS V-Sport
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

----------

Meh, I'm in MN and I plan on getting a set of snow tires for the winter. I'm sure it'll be an adjustment but should be just fine - people have been driving with RWD in the snow for a long time.

·
Registered
'14 V sport
88 Posts
My best snow vehicle to date was a '92 Benz 190E with snow tires. RWD and no fancy traction or stability control nannies, yet I had no problem driving my wife to the hospital during a severe blizzard as we passed more than 1 SUV stuck in drifts along the way. It is amazing what good tires, good awareness, and a careful foot can accomplish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts