Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
To all those who serve, have served, and their families, thank you!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
25 years - It was fun - never worked a day of it ........... (was scared a lot, though) --------------

We're (Kent Island American Legion and VFW) doing a wreath ceremony at 1600 today at the Eastern Shore Veteran's Cemetery in Hurlock, MD. Taps, bagpipes, flags. (Karen and I already have 2 sites there.)

As Ranger posted - We're not eligible for Memorial Day - yet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
Three years, eleven months, and eighteen days on shore duty and the tin can Navy '61-'65. I got out when the getting was good. SAM missile technician. Terrier, Tartar, and Talos.

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,394 Posts
Thank you to the members on here who have served, as well as all the armed forces. I love being able to do what I want, when I want (within the realms of the law, of course), and it is due to you guys. Thank you :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
:yeah:

Let's not confuse memorial day with veterans day.
Memorial day is not for us.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Guys like me never really know what to say to our brothers and sisters who served our country.

I was too young for Nam and too old for Desert Storm. (Not that I am complaining.)

I always feel that anything like..."Thanks for your service." is weak. Hardly seems enough for the time, work, training, sweat, and blood of my fellow citizens. I have no idea what it takes to do what they have done and never will.
I do know, like Luke said, that every day I am thankful for the sacrifice that they (and you) have all made. To allow me to be free.

My great uncle died in WW I, and we have been fighting the VFW and cemetery to get him a flag. That is the best I can do.

Small battle, but it is important to us.
May God bless and keep those who gave their lives for us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts