Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, White Diamond, Auto, all optons, Corsa Pipes
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just completed a work-related trip just to area just south of baltimore from NC...some observations about the tires:

- road noise seems to be a little more than the PS2's...did another work-related trip last november to DC and i don't remember the interior decibel level being as high as it was on this trip

- didn't experience any cold morning tire wobble at all...i guess tires are broken in? who knows

- hard, slappy ride over rough pavement...slightly more so than the PS2's

- rained hard for about 2/3 of the trip back today and was very windy...absolutely zero issues with traction/tram-lining on the very wet parts of 295/495/95 in DC and the rest of the way down 95...the tread pattern does very well at moving water out of the way.

still a great value at less than half the cost of the michelins. hope this is informative to someone.

·
Registered
Cadillac
999 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post the info. The treadwear "rating" on the Hankook's is better than the PS2's-- but, keep us posted on your long term wear.

There are some trade-offs, as you've noted, for spending half as much. If you can tolerate the noise difference AND get better wear, great!

How are the Hankook's in the rain? In my experience; the PS2 is completely amazing for straight line acceleration in the wet and resistance to high-speed hydroplaning. Any feedback here?

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, White Diamond, Auto, all optons, Corsa Pipes
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the hankooks spin if you accelerate hard just like the PS2's. then again, i don't think any tire is immune to that when fitted to the V2. as far as normal driving goes when it's raining, i couldn't be happier with the performance. if anything, the hankooks give me more confidence in the wet than the PS2's.

on a side note...on the way up, some old guy started chatting me about the car when i stopped to get gas/starbucks at exit 33 just north of the NC/VA line. there was a white diamond base model CTS parked two spots down and he was wondering what the difference was. i replied with, "about 300hp." the look on his face was classic. i would've loved to stay and jibber jabber longer but i still had 2.5 more hrs to go and it was getting late. i love my car.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post the info. The treadwear "rating" on the Hankook's is better than the PS2's-- but, keep us posted on your long term wear.

There are some trade-offs, as you've noted, for spending half as much. If you can tolerate the noise difference AND get better wear, great!

How are the Hankook's in the rain? In my experience; the PS2 is completely amazing for straight line acceleration in the wet and resistance to high-speed hydroplaning. Any feedback here?
Michelin owns about 10% of Hankook. However, that is probably not enough. You can NOT compare treadwear ratings from one manufacturer to another. They are not compatible. Not even for rough guesstimates...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts