Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to an interview given by Fiat Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne, the Italian automaker is prepared to walk on the alliance with Chrysler unless the Union agree to a wage cut that would put them on equal footing with Japanese companies building cars in the US.

That apparently is not happening.

A week ago, talks between Chrysler, Fiat and U.S. and Canadian unions hit a wall after the parties failed to agree on potential pay cuts, according to the person familiar with the matter. Chrysler and Fiat want the UAW to bring American wages into line with the lower salaries paid by Japanese automakers that operate plants in the U.S. Chrysler and Fiat are having an even tougher time negotiating pay cuts with the CAW union in Canada, where Chrysler workers earn about $19 more in hourly wages than their American counterparts, the person said.
Sticky situation. Story printed by The Wall Street Journal

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Perhaps when one of the big three takes a dump as a result of their antics, Unions will realize that they are not above the common worker. I have never seen such an organized group of individuals with such a sense of entitlement.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I hate the UAW. Thanks morons.

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
It all about optics,, as a ex CAW member I can tell you, the leadership needs to talk tough so the members do not take them to court, they know that the wages have to be cut, they just want to have someone else do the dirty work... ie governments and courts... then they can go back to the members and say... see we held the line but look what happened... childish I know but that is reality,

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
It all about optics,, as a ex CAW member I can tell you, the leadership needs to talk tough so the members do not take them to court, they know that the wages have to be cut, they just want to have someone else do the dirty work... ie governments and courts... then they can go back to the members and say... see we held the line but look what happened... childish I know but that is reality,
Yea I really don't blame the workers, it's just a broken system altogether.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Yea I really don't blame the workers, it's just a broken system altogether.
I agree. I should clarify my post by saying "Thanks Gettlefinger (sp?) you moron, you're killing the domestic manufacturers."

·
Registered
1988 Allante, 1999 Deville Concours
1,227 Posts
Sounds like Chrysler is headed to automotive heaven...Along with AMC, Studebaker, and countless others.

Honestly, I can't see how any company could see a merger with today's Chrysler as beneficial.

Walter Percy would be rolling in his grave if he saw what a dire situation Chrysler was in now.

·
26,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fiat's basically buying a Dealership network and factories, not Chrysler.

·
26,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...but your jacket will skyrocket in value!! $$$$$$$$

:lol:

·
Registered
34,087 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Manual Trans
8,206 Posts
Perhaps when one of the big three takes a dump as a result of their antics, Unions will realize that they are not above the common worker. I have never seen such an organized group of individuals with such a sense of entitlement.
Congress, State employees, County workers, the Governator...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts