Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I fight for a week to get the dealership to get my wheels repainted( they promised they would do so if I bought the car, then I find out yesterday one of the wheels is warped.

Today I take the car in because of a whining noise and the rear diff is bad. The service manager shows me their records where they put one on in June when the lease on the car had expired and proceeded to tell me he didn't think their rep would fix it again. I told hiim the car is still under warranty so no way am I fixing it. He called me at 6pm( EST ) tonight and told me he would have to change the fluids first before replacing it.

Since they no and have verified the diff is bad are they not supposed to replace it? If anyone can tell me a dealership to go to w/out the hassle let me know. I am willing to drive if necessary.

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
they have to go through there little steps first...they changed my fluid first too, then 1000miles later they got it back and they replaced it......don't worry I had the same problems when I first got my V...but once everything gets ironed out you'll be in love all over again.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they have to go through there little steps first...they changed my fluid first too, then 1000miles later they got it back and they replaced it......don't worry I had the same problems when I first got my V...but once everything gets ironed out you'll be in love all over again.[/QUOTE?

I'll let them change the fluids but if I continue to hear the noise they will get it back. I'm ready to take the car to the twisties but right now I'm afraid to.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Take it to another dealer.

Hell, take it to Lindsay Cadillac. I'm probably going to drive 10 hours each way next summer to have them do my rear diff.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
45 Posts
I just took mine in for the same issue. They had a Cadillac DTS waiting for me and didn't even question me. They just told me they would order another and replace it. As another said, I'm back loving the car again.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
they have to go through there little steps first...they changed my fluid first too, then 1000miles later they got it back and they replaced it......don't worry I had the same problems when I first got my V...but once everything gets ironed out you'll be in love all over again.[/QUOTE?

I'll let them change the fluids but if I continue to hear the noise they will get it back. I'm ready to take the car to the twisties but right now I'm afraid to.
That sucks about your diff problems but keep this in mind. You can take your car to the twisties and have fun or take her to the road course, and even though the diff may be whining like a little girl, it probably will never fail in that situation, which is exactly how the car was designed to perform. Taking the V to the dragstrip or lauching hard (and therefore inducing wheelhop) is what will cause the diff to fail.

If you drive the car how she was designed you will most likely never have a problem. Have fun and be patient--owning a performance car that is modded, or not, always has its ups and downs, but at the end of the day you are still driving one sweet car.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sucks about your diff problems but keep this in mind. You can take your car to the twisties and have fun or take her to the road course, and even though the diff may be whining like a little girl, it probably will never fail in that situation, which is exactly how the car was designed to perform. Taking the V to the dragstrip or lauching hard (and therefore inducing wheelhop) is what will cause the diff to fail.

If you drive the car how she was designed you will most likely never have a problem. Have fun and be patient--owning a performance car that is modded, or not, always has its ups and downs, but at the end of the day you are still driving one sweet car.

I definitely agree with that.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Take it to another dealer.

Hell, take it to Lindsay Cadillac. I'm probably going to drive 10 hours each way next summer to have them do my rear diff.

I'm thinking very hard about doing the 7 or 8 hour drive. I have a vacation coming up.

·
Registered
Cadillac
66 Posts
Dont forget a rwd car will make a little noise. These are american rwd cars Cadillac or not. I agree that LOUD whine is a problem but a little humming from the rear is normal imo. I guess I am more willing to tolerate it since I am coming from a Camaro w/ a 4:10 12bolt rear that whined like a rich wife on the rag.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts