Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
07 CTS 3.6
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes cts wouldnt start this morning. It cranked over and when i applied the throttle it started up. I have read that it could be the purge solenoid, or bieng park on an incline the pump may not be getting enough fuel.

Now, i took the car to the auto parts store to check the battery, alternator and starter. Everything read fine except the starter. He said that the draw on it was 210 and it should be around 100-150 when cranking the starter. He said that ill need to replace the starter. Anyone know if this is accurate? Ill buy the solenoid and replace it anyways..... Just wanted some opinions on this before buying a new starter. Thanks guys...

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,819 Posts
Go get a 2nd opinion from another shop/store. But honestly I have no idea what the normal amperage draw is for a starter.

KOT

·
Registered
07 CTS 3.6
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me either. I would imagine that it would be more due to the car and all its electrical... But you never know... They guy at the auto part store isnt some douche, he is a buddy of mine. If that helps any.

----------

also, does anyone have a part number for the purge solenoid?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,819 Posts
I meant because of the testing equipment itself.

According to the recall letter that I got for that part. The part number is 12611801

KOT

12,821 Posts
Looking forward to hearing your updates, SHORTSTACK! If you would like me to research anything for you in the meantime, please don't hesitate to send me a private message anytime.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
07 CTS 3.6
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Katie, can you find out what a start draws when it's cranking the car? I called a dealership and they had no idea.

12,821 Posts
I can certainly check my more technical resources to see if I can find any relevant information, SHORTSTACK! To do so, however, I will need the last eight of your VIN. If you don't mind sending me a private message with that data, then I'm happy to investigate on your behalf.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

1 - 11 of 11 Posts