Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 cts
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to these forums, Any advice would be great! Thanks in a advance . Ive had a clunk in the Pass rear of my car when hitting big bumps. I did the obvious and replaced both rear knucklesAnd the clunk still remained. I did an entire inspection of my rear suspension and could not find and obvious problems. I read somewhere of a person having to change out the rear door actuator because it may cause the rear door to slam while going over bumps. Has anybody else had this problem in the past?

·
Registered
08 CTS blk/blk
383 Posts
Before you tear your door apart you may want to check your calipers. I chased a weird thump for months and it turned out to be my rear caliper banging when I hit bump. Best of luck with that one!

·
Registered
2008 cts
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive had the brakes off a bunch of times so im pretty sure its not that. My shocks in the rear arent blown out , They could probably use a changing but they have plenty of pressure to them. Im really starting to believe its front and rear passenger doors.

·
Registered
08 CTS blk/blk
383 Posts
OK but one last thing to check..The rear suspension knuckles on these vehicles are famous for clunking. The bushing on the knuckle that holds the bottom of the shock wears out and will clunk when you go over a bump. I chased down the bushings and successfully had them installed. Its recommended to change out the whole knuckle but I got lucky and had a good tech that chiseled out the old one and with some ingenuity pressed in new ones. I pulled out the rear seat and checked the top of the shocks but they were tight. Best of luck.

Joe

·
Registered
2008 cts
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately the rear knuckles were the first things i changed. I thed had to replace both rear hub assemblies because the abs ring got messed up taking them out. So a whole bunch of money later and the problem is still there.

·
Registered
08 CTS blk/blk
383 Posts
Ouch! that was a whole bunch of money..Sorry to hear that.

Keep us informed this should be interesting and once again best of luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts