Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure why but The car is just happy.. In the end i had backed it WAY WAY down to a safer level. He should post the final graphs maybe if he sees the thread...

Mods on his car where, w4m full cold air, w4m ported blower and tb,w4m custom650lft cam, comp pushrods, w4m ported heads,Kooks headers, and ONLY A 9 Inch lower ring!

He was making 11.5-11.6 lbs of boost.

We did about 8 runs each one slowly going lower in horsepower as i was backing it down. From 730,690,688,687, ect... Torque was in the 680s at first as well, but had a few degrees of knock retard, so i pulled a few to be safe there.

Car is a manual car.

The cam has a slight slight chop but not very agressive at idle.

·
Registered
2011 GTR
1,026 Posts
Can you give an approximate power increase with your posted blower/TB and a 2.55 installed (i.e. 80 - 100 RWHP, or whatever a realistic range is)? Currently have intake and ARH longtubes. Also, what is the turn around time on the porting and pulley install wen the items are shipped to you as a complete assembly? And lastly, price for everything including a solid isolator?

thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,470 Posts
you really should start making videos of this stuff. i would love to hear that on the dyno.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V manual
448 Posts
no heat xchanger? id also like to know about the porting? ive read 45whp increase but is that only if u have 9.5+ and cam?

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it had my heat exchanger on it too, i forgot about that.

The cam is the key... It really liked the complementry mods..

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
I can't say enough good things about Jesse & his shop. My car has had prior issues that were really killing its capable power. A bad ground, thrown tb codes from said ground issue, maf that got destroyed from the oil off of the intake etc. Everytime they would stay there until the issue was fully resolved. We tried all kinds off combinations every time also. Different intakes like KPE vs stock vs Wait4me's with different tb's etc. I wish i would have recorded it but we were so burnt out by the end of a long day we were starting get a little delirious ( or it could have been from the massive amount of metal material spewing out from the kooks headers ) * KOOKS, clean up your headers BEFORE you ship them out. I'm sure its not good for the high flow cats in your x-pipe. The first run ( 730'sh rwhp ) run went so fast and hard it shot off the p-valve cap we put on there earlier, lol. Like Jesse said we had to tone the card down ALOT, mostly because I was running out of injector ( which are upgraded , ha ) but because I also didnt want to nuke the stock clutch in a week. We toned the car ALOT....all from 11.5psi. I wanted to run a 9.5" ring before those runs but there is no way in hell I will be doing that anytime soon unless i go and have Jesse drop an LSX in there ( which I must say the ones I saw at his shop were built like tanks ) The ride back to chicago was quick still being pretty hyped up from the great results...

Wait4me / Jesse got me exactly where I wanted to go with this car. Great torque & hp range. Extremely safe a/f level and barely supercharger psi over stock.

Thanks alot Wait4me / Jesse for everything ! I'll will see you guys in the farther future for more performance needs when that 'bug' bites again.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Drives like a caddy but it turns heads left & right. You can hear alot more of the engine now outside of the car than before when I had the B&B. The B&B was loud outside but very droney inside at all the rpms but 2k. The kooks headers w/ the hi-flows & stock mufflers is nearly oem inside. It actually drives much better now than oem because so much of my power is made straight off the block and not off the boost ( low 11.5psi ) I have more power across the lower band. It doesnt have that little bit of lag and than instant boost. Its hard to explain but its as smooth as the dyno graph =)

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Adrian, Its about time you came over to the dark side. Graph looks nice!
Thanks Curtis, If anything later on in the future I would get even beefier injectors since I ran out of fuel and a better clutch. From what Jesse told me the fuel was holding me back another 40rwhp. Right now i'm pretty darn good :cool2:

Hey Jesse, what was the a/f we ended up with ?

·
Registered
1958 Coupe DeVille
591 Posts
Was this RWHP? If it was, I think you might want to recalibrate the Dyno. The number seems to high for what has been done and especially with only 11 lbs of boost. Just saying. Cecil...........

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Was this RWHP? If it was, I think you might want to recalibrate the Dyno. The number seems to high for what has been done and especially with only 11 lbs of boost. Just saying. Cecil...........
Yep. Iunno about that. For some reason I dont think Jesse would let his dyno get sloppy. I know downshifting at 80mph w/ trac off I lost traction in dry weather with 305 re-11's and spewed gravel across half the highway. Not something I was doing before. lol, not something I want to do again

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My dyno is recalibrated every time the ambient air temp drops an average of 20 degrees. It gets the 49lb weight calibration, then it gets the 150mph to 0 friction parasitic loss test. That way the numbers always stay the same from month to month, year to year.

Final air fuel ratio was 11.5-6.

I had to pull 4 degrees of timing and add .5 of fuel to get it to a safe number he left with.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A stock car yesterday only made 483.

And a 2007 ctsv with headers, full exhaust, a camshaft, cold air, made 430~ with 400 torque when finished tuning.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Like Jesse said, the reason why the car is making so much power at so little boost is mainly because of the cam & air flow combination. When I dyno'd stock on Jesse's dyno with my prior issues it put down like 434hp stock. His mustang dyno isn't easy on the #'s like one of those fun hub dynos

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
Congratulations, Jesse and Adrian, those are great #'s. I could not see the chart very well, is that uncorrected, standard, SAE, etc., etc.?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts