Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS-V 07 Escalade
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off let me say I am NOT cheap.. on most things.. My ride is a single didget 1/4 not 1/8th 71 Camaro with a shall we say large displacement pump gas motor. That said the V is just the wifes daily driver. I firrst haced off the mufflers as I was going to put on a set of Dynatech race mufflers. I had her run around a few days with just a set of 45s & tail pipes to see if she would like it..... She didnt it was kinda loud in the parking garge where she works. I didnt bother with the Dynatechs as they wouldnt be much better. So its Saturday the 4th, nothing open thought lets butch the stockers apart so here is the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
05 CTS-V 07 Escalade
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After seeing how it wind tyhrough & disposing of the "glass" wow they must have packed 10 -20lbs in there. We decided to fee up flow a tad by wheeling out some iguts. BTW welding was done by my fab guy I am no welder.

Attachments

·
Registered
05 CTS-V 07 Escalade
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The finished product.... All work was done on the top of the muffler. Sound is deeper outside & sounds very good. Inside you wouldnt know anything was done. Ive got to work on a video clip of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
05 CTS-V 07 Escalade
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also want to apologize for the horrible typing and spelling. That’s why I’ve got a secretary at work ;-) My total cost was buying breakfast ..

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
thanks for the pics. I also did this, but only peeled out a 2" square hold to pull the fiberglass out... so I never got a real good look at what was in there... and didn't hack the guts... but wish I had. It's amazing how much glass they pack in there. Mine sounds only slightly better, and I imagine if I would have removed some metal it might of been a shade louder. Either way I was happy enough with it.

Wire welded them back up and it cost me..... nothing :)

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
Oh yeah I painted mine with some high heat silver so my welds didn't rust out... maybe you did that already, but if not it's a good idea.

nice welds BTW. I only cut a 2" hole in mine for a reason :)

·
Registered
05 CTS-V 07 Escalade
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
We didnt have a plan when we started so if your just going to remove the packing it would be a cake walk to plug up a 2x2 hole as compaired to our 8X8.. Thanks my buddy is a welder/fabricator by trade and he didnt like them but he did it in his home shop with a lil snap on 115v machine, if I welded it... let say it wouldnt be pretty:alchi:

·
Registered
05 CTS-V 07 Escalade
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To anyone doing this the right pic on post 2. Mine sounds good but if you like more tone I would cut some out of the section in the lower right of that pic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts