Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy oh boy. My ' 04 maggied V is at the dealer right now with a shattered piston, "Oh yeah" it ain't covered under the warranty. They want $3800k to fix it. I am open for sudjestions :crying2:.
-Sean

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
That's the price you pay to mod a car still under warranty. I don't know what you're looking for as far as suggestions, but I'd say take the car to a reputable performance shop and get it stroked and rebuilt for that price.

Once it breaks, don't replace- upgrade.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does the warranty from Magnuson work? I bought my maggie from "markbinkc"(he had that sick prochargered V), I believe that he stated that he purchased the warranty when he got the charger. If this charger came with this coverage do you think I would be able to use it?
-Sean

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
How does the warranty from Magnuson work? I bought my maggie from "markbinkc"(he had that sick prochargered V), I believe that he stated that he purchased the warranty when he got the charger. If this charger came with this coverage do you think I would be able to use it?
-Sean
SURE, that will work :rolleyes: NOT.

Second party purchase and it wasn't the SC that failed.

T

·
0 Posts
Just buy a new motor! Only about 1,200 more and then that way you will have spare parts for the next blown motor.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts
Boy oh boy. My ' 04 maggied V is at the dealer right now with a shattered piston, "Oh yeah" it ain't covered under the warranty. They want $3800k to fix it. I am open for sudjestions :crying2:.
-Sean
Where did it all go wrong?

The maggy: No

Taking your car to the dealer with a maggy after engine go boom: :bighead:

·
Registered
Cadillac
739 Posts
Throw In Another 6 K And Get A 427... Ls7

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Since getting headers and the cam mine POP's at idler once it's warmed up... Guy said to give it a couple hundred miles and if it still does it bring it back. Is this bad? Runs fine, just during idle...

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,042 Posts
Most likely an exhaust leak at the headers sucking cooler air into your exhaust that's making that "pop" noise.

More of a nusiance than a real problem. However, I hate an exhaust leak because it sounds like crap so I fix 'em.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Love the pic! Avatar? I was told the round connectors on the kooks leak and it's best to get them welded on, wonder if this is the leak?! May get it welded tomorrow and see if that helps. Also been having the engine light come on and off occasionally, could a leak also cause this if it's before the O2 sensors?

·
Registered
05 Escalade ESV Platinum
211 Posts
Might check Scoggin and Dickey for a "proper" forged short block. For a little more than that amount, you can move up to 408 or possibly even a 427 don't ya know!:bouncy: Still cheaper than possibly doing it again with another stocker - As they say in ol Mexico, "If you're going to play with the Bull - you have to be prepared to take the Horn!":stirpot: Or as they say north of the Border, "The tuition to the School of Experience is subject to increase without prior notice!":rolleyes: Sorry the tuition bill has come in.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:thepan:
What are they saying caused it?
Luna, Right now they aren't saying what the cause is. All they said is if they report this to GM for approval a rep will most definately come and void my whole warranty before the door even closes behind him.
I'm really sitting on the fence b/c whose to say there aren't a couple more pistons about to blow? I am already getting an ear full from the wife. I couldn't imagine trying to tell her 3 months later we have to fix it again :eek::rant2::rant2::thepan:.
-Sean

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Do the dishes with the wife as sort of a team building excercise - Have her remove her rings and key in on where she drops them. Middle of night "after" the evenings frolic switch her diamonds out with CZ's...Life is good but it's time to get "creative"...

edit - CZ story based on true facts from my brother in fla- onebadcad...

pm me for more creative ideas...trust me, I have plenty!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts