Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, friend of mine got and 85 supra, has exaust and header. Raced him tonight from a dead stop. I left him and he didnt catch up with me till 120mph, damn speed limiter, its time for my chip! Well now i wont have to deal with him saying caddies are slow! Man i love my car!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Sorry dude, the guy doesn't know how to drive, or the car's a load. I had a '84 Supra and it would SPANK a Deville. It used to spank my '88 Deville AND my '89 SSE.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was it a coupe or sedan? coupe devilles weigh less than sedans, either way iam just happy i beat him, hes been on me about my car being slow and i should get a real car, now he'll shut up about it.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Yeah, He should! If I drove a Supra I know I'd Be embarrassed!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
That wasn't my point DORK! I can and do make plenty of anti import comments ahead of and behind you! Your position in the post has no bearing on my content!.......I don't care if it would or wouldn't win....I'd be embarrassed to be seen in the little roller skate!

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can't argue with a sick mind, no more than you can teach a pig how to sing: The pig will never learn to sing, and he doesn't like to be taught. :banghead:

·
Registered
2001 DHS, 1996 DeVille, 1993 Deville, 1989 Seville
46 Posts
An 88 Sedan Deville had 150 horsepower if it had the 4.5, a 90 Deville has 200 horsepower (4.9), I would imagine alot of little imports could beat an 88 Deville.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I think maybe my John Deere could beat a few ricers!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
timber6860 said:
An 88 Sedan Deville had 150 horsepower if it had the 4.5, a 90 Deville has 200 horsepower (4.9), I would imagine alot of little imports could beat an 88 Deville.
True! The interesting thing about the 4.9 is that it's very close to the Northstar in torque. That's what makes them feel so powerful with such a low horsepower number!

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
85 supra had 161 horsepower, couple that with some kid who cant drive stick and i would say it could lose to a deville pretty easily, maybe not everytime and maybe not with a good driver but its not impossible

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
I agree KC, I drove my dad's new DTS partway-home on the highway, then I drove the 1991 4.9, and acceleration off the line I noticed NO difference. Top-end might be another story however. With a multi-valve engine, the power really comes-on near the top-end of the RPM.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Do some cool head work and the 4.9 really does come alive! My Seville is very quick and has great top end since I got it breathing better. Add to that the fact that my '91 is lighter than a later Seville and it makes it hard to catch!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
OH! LOOK! Now you've done it.......I'm feeling insecure about my size.....I think I'm gonna fold under the pressure!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
OK, I'm sorry. You're really just fine as you are. You need to be proud of who and what you are KC. I know that today's society tends to look down at "plus-size" men and women but that is wrong. Don't chase after an "unrealistic" ideal of what society thinks we should all look like.

Ok. that's about as far as I can go without YACKING ;)
Oprah-itis is taking over the country!!!!

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Katshot said:
OK, I'm sorry. You're really just fine as you are. You need to be proud of who and what you are KC. I know that today's society tends to look down at "plus-size" men and women but that is wrong. Don't chase after an "unrealistic" ideal of what society thinks we should all look like.

Ok. that's about as far as I can go without YACKING ;)
Oprah-itis is taking over the country!!!!
at near 7 feet and 350 lbs nobody looks down on me:D

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Yeah, yeah.....
So why do you drive such a SMALL car? You should be in a MAN's size car. Well, like a Fleetwood ;)
You would be MUCH more comfy in the Fleetwood, and just think how much more fun you'd have with the RWD. I can just see you now, tooling around in that land-yacht size car. Big guy, big car, it just FLOWS, see?

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
My weight hurts my cars performance enough without driving around in a Barge....er....Fleetwood :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts