Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoke with Jason in tech support at H & R. Apparantly the springs are on the boat from manufacturing in Germany and they have confirmed that arrival will be in a few weeks. He said they still needed to work the Nivomat solution but have developed a work around for other applications on Escalades, BMW's etc.

Should I hold my breath????? :hmm:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I hope that they are able to come up with something ASAP. I really want to lower my V and I am about to pull the trigger and Give Chuck Mallet $4K for the Penske setup. I smell a divorce in my near future.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
Must be a paddle boat.

Perhaps H/R has just missed the boat.

-Chris

·
Registered
CTS-V
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear you on the "few weeks". At least their tech support can talk intelligently about the springs. I called Eibach and their "solution" is to replace the factory shocks. NICE...:banghead:

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
They would've sold hundreds of kits by now if they didn't wait so long. I'll be amazed if it's true they will be here in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
It's too bad Eibach and H&R don't read this forum, or the FAQ. The writeup for WildWhls Nivomat mod with pictures and spacer dimensions is complete an over at Reed's site. It would be just as easy to include some poly spacers, than to put a new bumpstop for the non-load leveling CTS shocks (that Eibach includes in their kit). The genius is in it's simplicity. (Thanks again, WildWhl!)

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Wow...that boat must be a luxury yacht with some detours (read - the entire universe)...I've heard this line for over a year (can we say year"S" now?).

WW out...and lowered for months, happily, cheaply, without aftermarket vendors - and to EXACTLY my specs and preference :thumbsup:

·
Registered
SRX, CTS-V
155 Posts
odysseus said:
It would be just as easy to include some poly spacers, than to put a new bumpstop for the non-load leveling CTS shocks (that Eibach includes in their kit).
Actually the new bumpstops in the Eibach kits go in the front. They behave more like "secondary springs" in addition to being the actual bump stop point. (You'll see that they are longer than the stock bump stops.)

The rears just use the stock bump stop since the spring is separate from the shock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts