Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
cts 2004 2.8L v6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello for everyone i have a problem in my cts and hope u help me to fix it and tell me what parts i need to fix it and show me please the photos and location of parts i need
P0125 insufficient coolant temperature for closed loop fuel control
P0196 Engine oil temperature sensor Range/Performance
P0234 Turbo/super charger overboost condition
P0299 Turbo/super charger underboost
P0357 ignition coil "G" primary/secondary circuit
P0443 evaporative emission system purge control valve circuit
P0455 evaporative emission system leak detected (large leak)
P0736 Reverse incorrect ratio
P1143 manufacturer-specific code. please refer to your vehicle's service manual for more information
U0001 high speed can communication bus
U0101 lost communication with TCM
U0106 lost communcication with glow plug control module

this all code i have see till now please hop u can help me
best regards

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
hello for everyone i have a problem in my cts and hope u help me to fix it and tell me what parts i need to fix it and show me please the photos and location of parts i need
P1143 manufacturer-specific code. please refer to your vehicle's service manual for more information

this all code i have see till now please hop u can help me
best regards
A few of these raise some eyebrows, namely the supercharger/turbocharger... since, your car doesn't have one :lol:

My knee-jerk reaction would be to read the codes again with a different OBDII scanner.

Have the driving characteristics changed? How is the car behaving?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,022 Posts
(1) Complete filling out your profile so we know where you are. There may be forum members near you that can help you. It may be that English is not your first language, which would then explain why your post is written so poorly.
(2) Use the forum's spellcheck feature, or compose your posts in Word so that they have some semblance of proper spelling and grammar. Diagnosing technical issues requires clear communication.

Now, with that out of the way...

[H]ello[,] everyone[. I] have a problem in my [CTS] and hope [yo]u [can] help me to fix it[.] [I would like to know] what parts [I ]need to fix it[. If you could show me ]photos and [the] location of parts [I ]need [I would appreciate it.]

[T]h[ese are] all [of the] code [I ]have see[n] till now[.] [I ]hop[e] [yo]u can help me[.]
best regards

I’ll give you the same advice as I gave to another new forum member the other day - start at the beginning and tell us what your car is doing so we have some context for your questions. Here, allow me to help:

"Hi, my name is sniveler. XX [years/months/weeks/days] ago I bought a 2004 CTS with the 2.8L V-6. At XX,XXX miles on the car started to do [insert problem here] and the Check Engine Light came on, so I took it to the dealership/Autozone/wherever to get the codes read. Here are all of the codes that came up:
-
-
-
“As you can see, for some reason the code scanner thinks my 2.8L V6 is actually a Duramax turbo diesel, and I don’t know why. Can someone help me figure out these codes?”

Without knowing the details, it's impossible for us to help you. The fact that some of the codes you listed don't even match up to your car immediately makes me wonder how in the world you could have even gotten those codes. You don't have a turbo or supercharger, you don't have glow plugs, you don't have a CAN bus. If those are all wrong, then who knows if any of the other ones are correct? And without having any data on what your car is actually doing, we can't advise you on what you should do to correct the codes.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
722 Posts
the cadillac kid said:
A few of these raise some eyebrows, namely the supercharger/turbocharger... since, your car doesn't have one :lol:

My knee-jerk reaction would be to read the codes again with a different OBDII scanner.

Have the driving characteristics changed? How is the car behaving?
I agree some of those are a little strange. Does the 2.8 even have glow plugs? I thought those were only on diesels.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
This is one of those threads... that may indeed be worthless without pics. Especially of under the engine compartment.
Those codes don't tie with what SHOULD be in your engine compartment.

·
Registered
07' CTS-V | 07' Lux 3.6 Volant-Borla-Vsways | 08' CTS 3.6 DI Performance
969 Posts
This is one of those threads... that may indeed be worthless without pics. Especially of under the engine compartment.
Those codes don't tie with what SHOULD be in your engine compartment.
Had this been an 06 I would have started thinking sandman0391 turned around and sold his CTS to this poor guy :suspect:

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,802 Posts
And if he had put down 2009 SRX, then I would understand the turbo. Because that had a 2.8 turbo option. But I still wouldn't of understood the glow plugs. Unless that is talking about some glow plug to heat up the steering wheel. lol

KOT

·
Registered
cts 2004 2.8L v6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Screenshot_2013-03-26-16-16-13.jpg Screenshot_2013-03-26-18-46-48.jpg Screenshot_2013-03-26-18-45-48.jpg Screenshot_2013-03-26-20-26-09.jpg Screenshot_2013-03-26-18-46-13.jpg hi everyone thx for all advice and sorry for my English it's not good
the problem happen when i started the engine in morning the car it's doing great and it's moving so fast and all power some time when i driving it in the road i feel the car like die not moving good and i need time to increase speed i think all that it's of the air system and some time it's happen become a sound and like something crush when the transmission transferring and i'm sure that the transmission don't have any problem so when i have this problem i remove all air pipe of the air system and Re installed it again it's like air Deflation
( cts 2004 2.8L v6 gas 210000KM )
sorry about my english but hope u can understand me :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,022 Posts
hi everyone thx for all advice and sorry for my English it's not good
Well, I'm sure your English is much better than my Arabic!

the problem happen when i started the engine in morning the car it's doing great and it's moving so fast and all power some time when i driving it in the road i feel the car like die not moving good and i need time to increase speed
OK, I think I understand this part. Sometimes your car feels great, but occasionally it feels like it just loses all power while you're driving and it doesn't want to accelerate. Is that right?

i think all that it's of the air system and some time it's happen become a sound and like something crush when the transmission transferring and i'm sure that the transmission don't have any problem so when i have this problem i remove all air pipe of the air system and Re installed it again it's like air Deflation
This part I don't understand - I think the language barrier is the problem. Can you write the problem in Arabic, and then use Google Translate to convert it to English?

·
Registered
cts 2004 2.8L v6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thx AAIIIC u r right about first part and about the secound part i'm try to say that i have a problem with air system
like the gas going to engine without mix with air like i have this fault ( Evaporation sys : incomplete )

and yesterday when i was driving the coolant come up a little and after 5 min become normal maybe i need to change the thermostat

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts