Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 2.0t auto. I have noticed that from time to time, when i step on it and drive aggressively the engine makes sort of a gurgling or perhaps rattling noise. It sounds almost like drinking and almost empty soda from a straw. It's definitely not a typical turbo noise. Anyone have a similar noise?

Thanks

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
I'm assuming higher altitude then if 91 is tops. Still sounds like knock to me.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,663 Posts
Agree with GJB that it could be knock. It sounds like it is fairly regular so it should be easy for the dealer service tech to hear. If it is knocking you want to get it addressed right away however it could easily also be a loose heat shield or other mounted item that sets up a sympathetic vibration/oscillation under certain engine operating conditions. My 2006 GMC Sierra turbo diesel had a similar noise that was cured by tightening the mounting bolts for a shield.

One other thought, have you been buying all of your fuel at the same station? If so try a different supplier for a couple of tanks.

·
Registered
NONE
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input everyone.

To answer a few questions, I buy gas at a few different stations.

Also, I noticed that it makes the noise between 3k and 4k rpms right before the turbo starts whistling. Once I can hear the turbo, I stop hearing the rattling noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts