Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2007 cadillac sts v6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up people? I'm just wondering if anyone here legally conceal carry in ur Cadillac sts and if u do , where do u place your weapons of choice ? If have a picture of your spot please share . As of right now I keep a knife up in the visor in the pocket mainly just as a tool but my .45 I keep under my left leg so I can reach the handle in between my legs . I'm thinking of installing a holster next to my right leg in the driver seat obviously. What are ya thoughts? Or other places

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
In the glove box or arm rest.

Places that you can't get into trouble with or have a cop walk up to you in a traffic stop spot it and have his weapon in your face.

·
Registered
2007 cadillac sts v6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the glove box or arm rest.

Places that you can't get into trouble with or have a cop walk up to you in a traffic stop spot it and have his weapon in your face.
It's usually on my right hip but its useless there with your seatbelt on so I keep under my left thigh with easy access to the handle . Its more affective only thing is during a traffic stop u gotta make sure its concealed From the cops view here in Florida . That's if u have the ccw permit which I do. I seen some car holsters but I can't see myself drilling my caddy console.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
Here in Alaska, if the weapon is legal for you to own you can carry it concealed. No carry permit is required. You must tell the LEO at first contact that you have a weapon. That being said, I find that the best access is to carry the weapon in your lap. I have my weapon, double action, loaded with one round in the chamber but the hammer down.

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
Depends on the laws of your state. WA it is illegal to have a loaded weapon anywhere in the vehicle unless you have a CPL. If you have a CPL, no reason not to keep it on your person 100% of the time if you can. Personally I do not like the idea of the weapon not on my person. If for any reason you get carjacked, or have to get out of your car instantly for any reason you are leaving it behind. I know most officers are going to react strongly to seeing a weapon in the vehicle on a traffic stop, whether you are carrying/store legally or not, as 1bad mentions, chances are high you will have their weapon pointed at you. Out of sight out of mind is #1 Some states also have a duty to inform (not WA) which means you have to tell the officer as soon as he pulls you over so keep that in mind also, even then it is better for you to inform you have a weapon than for them to walk up and see it.

Much will depend on the gun you carry as well as how you carry. I am righty, carry right side and never have a problem with seatbelt, even when I carried a full size. If you like to carry behind the back though, you are kind of hosed, there is just no way to do that comfortably sitting in a vehicle. Now carry the way I do means it is tough to get to, almost impossible while belted in. However I can and do put it on and off sitting in my seat when not belted. But you can use releasing your seatbelt as a distraction to draw your weapon if you are in a carjack situation. They know you have to do that action of reaching for your side to release the belt and your other hand up keeping their attention. Then your left hand can also be used to defend/control thier weapon as you bring yours on target as you step out of the vehicle.

Glovebox can cause issues as the officer asks for Reg and proof of insurance, it is also damn small for anything other than a single stack.

·
Registered
2007 cadillac sts v6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here in Alaska, if the weapon is legal for you to own you can carry it concealed. No carry permit is required. You must tell the LEO at first contact that you have a weapon. That being said, I find that the best access is to carry the weapon in your lap. I have my weapon, double action, loaded with one round in the chamber but the hammer down.
So when the officer comes up where do u conceal ur weapon or how? Do u place it in the door pocket?

·
Premium Member
28,963 Posts
When the officer comes up you tell him you have a weapon in the car. He'll do whatever he thinks is required to make sure he's safe. He will ask where it is and in my case just said OK. He may want to inspect it or maybe not. In my case I told him why I was speeding, he was satisfied and left me to go on my way. No fuss, no muss.

·
Premium Member
28,963 Posts
in NJ I have to have the weapon unloaded in the trunk and bullets in somewhere else
Why would anybody live in a place like that? Have they never heard of the second amendment to the constitution? If I were going to live in a place like "Joisey" I'd want to be ready to shoot back.

·
Registered
2007 cadillac sts v6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ye I'm sorry but that's so pointless to have so many steps in between . If u have all that time to do that than you aren't in any real bodily harm. It has to be in my person or arms reach or its pointless or it won't be justified in court.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac XTS, Former 09 STS and 07 CTS
222 Posts
Why would anybody live in a place like that? Have they never heard of the second amendment to the constitution? If I were going to live in a place like "Joisey" I'd want to be ready to shoot back.
I want to move out and here CC's are hard to get you have practically to be ex law enforcement to get one.

·
Registered
2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE
8,178 Posts
It's a crime that so much of the clear language the founders used in The Constitution and Bill of Rights has been intentionally twisted to mean the opposite by those who seek power.

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
I understand Framed. Born and Raised NJ guy here. Never knew just how bad it was until I left for College.. I do miss the food, climate and environment though.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
I keep it on my right hip or unloaded and put it in the glove box (locked) if I go into a brewery that's about it.... I've seen all kinds of cool gun mounts for cars/trucks but not my style I prefer the out of sight out of mind concept and with the way many police seem to be handling things these days you may want to move real slow when going for any paperwork

·
Registered
2005 STS
9 Posts
dkozloski said:
I can't understand how states restrict gun ownership, by banning it when the constitution clearly allows it. Now president Islamist ignores every part of the constitution. When this clown swore to uphold those laws, why isn't he arrested and charged with treason?

·
Registered
Cadillac STS
1,213 Posts
It's a crime that so much of the clear language the founders used in The Constitution and Bill of Rights has been intentionally twisted

to mean the opposite by those who seek power.
if everything was "clear" in the founding documents there would have never been slavery in the United States
Clearly...wouldn't you agree that there has been interpretation since even the time of the founders?

Warren

1 - 20 of 25 Posts