Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a 6 month wait, a lot of whining, and some cold feet (see my thread from yesterday) I finally did it!

Today I purchased a '06 black on black.

It is all that I ever thought it would be....and more!

Absolutely amazing!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Nice! Hope you have some cash burning a hole in your pocket; you're gonna need it for mods if you visit this forum frequently! Its addicting!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Congrats!! I'm still undecided and have been for awhile. Where's the "Queen City" and I'd appreciate it if you told how much you paid? Did you have a trade in?

·
Registered
former 2005 CTS-V owner
404 Posts
Hey Stranger, go ahead and do it. Then we can compare mods, or not. I have never seen another V here in AV.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
yeah, Cinti was the queen city for as long as I can remember. Maybe both, who knows?

F

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't know that Cinci was the Queen City. I'm in Charlotte. Maybe they can duke it out...

My pop is a GM retiree, so I was able to get the GM family discount (basically invoice) and then $1800 in rebates/incentives on the car and discounted financing. No trade in.

Came with FG2s and run craps.

And, I'm doomed. But, I'm smiling, so it doesn't matter.

You only live once...

·
Registered
98 Posts
roadracerx72 said:
Hey Stranger, go ahead and do it. Then we can compare mods, or not. I have never seen another V here in AV.
Yo, Rock. I have probably seen you at Willow Springs. I have a Duc 999 but I'm no racer and usually get out of the way of almost everyone on the way to Newcombs Ranch.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Congrats on the new car dude. Here's to many years of fun and Run :)

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase.

Don't hang around here unless you want to spend lots of $$$ on mods!! :D

·
Registered
former 2005 CTS-V owner
404 Posts
Stangar said:
Yo, Rock. I have probably seen you at Willow Springs. I have a Duc 999 but I'm no racer and usually get out of the way of almost everyone on the way to Newcombs Ranch.
:Offtopic: I will be out at Willow on the 13th. I pit near turn one. Stop by!

(sorry to thread jack)

KJR! Congrats on buying your car. You will love it!!

·
Registered
05 cts v 06 2.8 cts
192 Posts
The queen city has always been REGINA SASKATCHEWAN CANADA named after Queen Victoria in the late 1800's!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Charlotte has you beat by about 100 years:

• Why is Charlotte called the “Queen City?” In 1768, the town of Charlotte was incorporated and named in honor of the wife of King George III, the reigning English monarch. Charlotte citizens further honored Queen Charlotte when they named their new county Mecklenburg after her German homeland.

·
Registered
163 Posts
kjr39 said:
Charlotte has you beat by about 100 years:

• Why is Charlotte called the “Queen City?” In 1768, the town of Charlotte was incorporated and named in honor of the wife of King George III, the reigning English monarch. Charlotte citizens further honored Queen Charlotte when they named their new county Mecklenburg after her German homeland.
Email me man, I need to meet up with you to check that thing out.. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts