Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my prototype. This is quite difficult to do as the ashtray is integrated into the face plate and is not easily removed. It is however stealth.
It will house my boost and EGT gage.:D
 

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
Joined
·
6,076 Posts
I second the looks nice.

Are you going to relocate your cig lighter? My cell phone would be double-dog-dead if I didn't plug it into my car in the mornings.

-Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trukk said:
I second the looks nice.

Are you going to relocate your cig lighter? My cell phone would be double-dog-dead if I didn't plug it into my car in the mornings.

-Chris
As it is useless there anyway, I am going to look at putting it into the side of the vertical section where the radio is. Low and left of the glove box.
 

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
Joined
·
6,076 Posts
lasstss said:
As it is useless there anyway..
The adapter I have plugs in and then comes out at a 45 Degree angle, i have no issues with having it plugged in.

-Chris
 

·
Registered
CTS V
Joined
·
136 Posts
trukk said:
The adapter I have plugs in and then comes out at a 45 Degree angle, i have no issues with having it plugged in.

-Chris
I use the back seat plug and run the cord up under the armrest. As far as the gauges in the ashtray, where would i put my toothpicks?
 

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
Joined
·
6,076 Posts
evil 8 said:
I use the back seat plug and run the cord up under the armrest. As far as the gauges in the ashtray, where would i put my toothpicks?
Great idea, never thought of that :D

As for toothpicks...Where would I store my in between meal snacks if I used a toothpick?

-Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,180 Posts
what about my meter/toll money? Though it is pretty funny accelerating away from a toll booth having quarters flying everywhere, then to add insult to injury you get to smash your knuckles when you bang third gear.
I gotta remember to keep the EZ pass in the V........
Kidding aside Marty, as usual you have outdone yourself. Very nice work.
Doug
 

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SOLD /// 2009 CTS-V own
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
Very nice and clean, I love it...:yup:
Much better than my single gauge hack job.. lol...:thumbsup:

And I see you say prototype, meaning more than a one off.. Sign me up for a dual gauge pod as well...
Thanks,
Bill
 

·
Registered
CTS-V
Joined
·
874 Posts
Where/how are you guys installing the EGT sensor on the engine?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ronr said:
Where/how are you guys installing the EGT sensor on the engine?
That is what I am doing you can use any other 2-1/16 gauge. I have a bung welded in one of the cat pipes.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top