Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THe driver door latch i think is at fault ,but maybe someone can shed some light on this matter..When i open the drivers door everything should shut off that was left on, stereo, ability to roll up/down the windows..This does not happen..However. i can open the passenger door and every thing works as it should. Is there some sort of switch within the door that could of gone bad? Is it the actuall door latch that needs to be replaced?

My second question is, where can i go to get a trunk latch ( of the auto pull down type)?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
The first question that you have check the sensor inside the door. Possibley a button to let the car know when the door is open it might be stuck

the second question EBAY is the best place for a trunk pulldown anywhere from 20-35 bucks

·
Registered
69 Posts
What part of the pulldown is it you need? Is the motor good and it just needs the switch? If thats the case go to the dealer and pick up a brand new switch for 15 bucks. I got my switch for 11 at dealer cost. If your motor is bad, I agree ebay or try the junk yard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts