Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guyz i know i'm new here but i need help if anyone can....

About a month & 1/2 ago me & my boyfriend bought a xlr from a dealership in tampa *my boyfriend's uncle is friends w/ the guy so he gave us a deal on the car* anyways. we were told the car would be in tampa on sept.15,2003. & they would then bring it to jax,fla. on the 16th around 10a.m. Well i got up this morning alllllllll excited about going to get my new car from my boyfriends uncles lot. We left the house around 11 *an hour after the car is suppose to be in jacksonville* Were about halfway to the lot & what happends? We get a call from i believe C&N Transportations *maybe it was C&M* anyways. The lady proceds to tell me i won't be recieving my car today & so i was very upset because this is the first i've heard from them since we got the car & so i asked why & she said "we can't disclose that information" i was like what do you mean?? & she goes on to repeat herself so i asked when the car would be here. & she replies again that she couldn't tell me that information or what the hold up was & they would get back to me on that & THEN HANGS UP! i was sooo upset anyways. Bascially what i need to know is if anyone knows where these cars are being shipped from. I called cadillac & they said they knew nothing of this & blah blah blah. Basically a bunch of usless information that just left me more confused & agrivated. I called the tampa dealership & same from them so i'm hopeing if i call the corpriate office of the trucking company MAYBE JUST MAYBE i'll get some answers.... well if anyone can help i'd appriciate it . I don't think it was a production delay or why would the transportation people be the ones to call me?

aim: angelkizzez520

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Was yours a Neiman Marcus edition? From what I have read they are the only ones currently being shipped, and regular XLR's will begin shipping in early October.

In the future I definitely wouldnt pay in advance for a $76,000 car that isnt even out yet.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Well Actually I guess you answered my question already, if you ordered from dealer then it is not the NM edition. In that case, your car will probably not be shipped for a few weeks yet.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If the shipping company contacted you, I would suspect the car was damaged in shipping. Could be as simple as a paint scratch, but it could be a lot worse. They probably can't give you a new delivery date because they don't know how long it's going to take to fix it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
BUILDINGCTSAMG