Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
01 deville
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i left my 97 deville unlocked and my stock sterio got stolen :want: :( if i buy another stock sterio what do i need to do to get it to work?????

·
Registered
1997 Dark Adriatic Metallic Blue Deville Sittin on 20 Chrome
328 Posts
Sorry to hear about your lost... even if it is a stock radio...

But you don't need a code or anything from the dealer. If your going to back to the stock route, then search ebay. I've seen stock radios from $9.99 and up and install should easy... But if you going to go aftermarket then I would advise professional installation because this will require a re-wire and plenty on time... Good luck it could have been worse...

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
I cannot believe someone would steal a stock radio, the good news is, because its a 97 you do not need to have a dealer setup the radio for you, if you find the stereo at a wrecker for the same year, it will be just plug and play. The only issues you have to deal with is did your ride have the 11 speaker option or the 6 speaker option, the radio will have the CD built in if its the 11 speaker, if you only had the six with the cassette then at the same wrecker get the amp that sits beside the BCM and wire the whole thing up, I have heard the 11 speaker option is really something, I agree with the lads above, an aftermarket will be a nightmare to install unless you take it to someone who knows what they are doing. PS, no Deville from 97 to 99 had a BOSE option therefore that is something if you find it don't worry about seeing if it works in your car, it will not without major wiring surgery. Goodluck

·
Registered
1990 Deville Sedan
55 Posts
The person who stole it is a retard. Those radios have theft codes.

That is why you DON'T buy radios from ebay.

Go to www.techronics.com and buy an aftermarket deck. If you get a Pioneer or Panasonic you can go to Circuit City and buy a wiring harness adapter if you don't know how to/don't want to splice all the wires to hook up an aftermarket deck. It's a plug and play adapter.

This deck looks pretty nice. It's probably cheaper than getting another factory radio.

It also has MP3 playback support. What that means is you can burn a disc of .mp3 files and listen to them. You can fit 7-10 normal CDs on 1 MP3 CD without any loss in quality.

·
Registered
97 Lac Deville
204 Posts
u have to keep the stock radio on the 97-99 devilles or else they go into 'sleep mode'..most of the time rarely the harness for them works

1 - 9 of 9 Posts