Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Deville
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home from work and heard what sounded like a rock in the tread of my reear driver side tire. I was going to pull over, but it just stopped. All the way home it drove fine. As I got out I could smell burning rubber. Sure enough the rear tire was almost completely flat. There was no weaving or rear-end shimmy/wobble to indicate a very low tire. I had no idea what was going on. I removed the tire and found a little nail which caused my flat. Unfortunately, I drove too much while it was low that it carved out the rubber on the sidewall. TRASHED! So I had to order a new tire (Michelin Symmetry) on tirerack.com. Luckily it is only $122 shipped. Not too bad. Anyone else experience a similar situation? It just scares me that the car felt no indication of a low/flat tire. Oh well live and learn. V

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,788 Posts
Yup,
Checked my tire one day before I went to work but the valve never seated properly. By the time I got to work I was probably down to 10 psi. Drove quite a while on the sidewall but not long enough to burn it up. Just scuffed it pretty good. Like you, I felt no handling problems to tip me off.

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
Yup! These cars are like that. They're isolated enough that you don't get the classic hard-pull indications that you've got a flat.

That's another reason to love the Tire Pressure Monitor that comes with some Caddys. When it gets below 26, it lets you know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts