Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Group Buy on Monaro Shift Knob for Your CTS-V!

Following up on Medicineman's great thread on the Shift Knob GM should have used in the CTS-V, I've found a great source in Ausie land (where the current GTO originated) who can supply us with that great looking shift knob and boot from the '05 Holden (GTO) Monaro. If we can get at least 10 people together, price for the knob and boot will be $100 each plus S&H to your door; this is a $25 reduction from the individual price. The vendor claims MSRP is ~$265, which seems to be unusually high to me.
This setup fits perfectly with your V and is much better looking then the stock unit GM handed us. To 'handle' :histeric: the difference in the shaft handle diameter from the GTO to the V, as Medicineman encountered, I plan to place a split metal bushing on the handle to snug up the fit - haven't done that yet so I don't know how that'll go, but this is just my initial idea. Installation of the knob and boot is easy and is explained in detail on Reed's
excellent cadillacfaq.com site on post #180 (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/shiftboot/index.html) The images below show the shift knob as installed by Medicineman on his V and as provided by the vendor.
Please let me know your interest by posting reply here and emailing me at [email protected] (PM function is not working for me.:annoyed: ) When emailing, please give me your forum handle and email address. I do not need your credit card number or address, so don't provide that to me. You will be dealing directly with the vendor but I need to know the number of interested people so I can advise the Ausie vendor to ensure the group-buy price. Any questions, let me know. :yup:

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Does anybody know if there will be any problems fitting these onto a UUC shifter (mine just came today)?

Thanks,
Marty

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blackbeast, you're in at #2 ('cause I am gonna do this with or without 10.) Group price quoted is $100 for total package; boot and knob, plus S&H to your door in case anyone had questions. I also ordered the UUC shifter and since I don't have that yet, don't know how it'll fit on the stalk - that's why I am going to use a split metal bushing to ensure a good fit. And I'll post my results on this when I have the UUC and boot/knob.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oops, sorry - didn't see the rest of you:
so far I have
1) badcad
2) jspridge
3) c5racr1
4) kd7895
5) blackbeast
:excited:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm in.

Hope the knob works well on my B&M, probably can use the alternate attachment method they provided (screw under knob plate).

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would be interseted. Wonder if you could remove the plastice piece from inside stock shifter and put it in the new one? Just a thought.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Count me in also. 2 posts and in on 2 group buys. Zoomers may be next if the price is right. I hope this isn't a trend...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Count me in as well!!!!

BadCad, do you have any additional info on the metal bushing? Will it work with the UUC shifter. Any idea of the new shifter will just slip on the UUC?

THANKS!!!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
32 Participants
pbrv