Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pete wants everyone to know this group buy is still on the board until December 19th. Pete himself asked that his thread be locked down. It's unfortunate that some undeserved remarks were made. I asked Pete if I could continue to run his thread and keep members updated on the "Group Buy". Pete has agreed.

I did get some additional info. When you actually place your custom order, you will be required to place a 50% non-refundable deposit by either credit card, personal check or money order. The 50% balance and UPS insured shipping charges will be due when your custom CTS Header/High Flow Cat Package is completed and ready for shipment.
If you reside in the State of Maryland, we are required to collect the mandatory 5% Maryland State sales tax.

To refresh your memory here is a repeat of the Latest CMS Header & Cats information.

Bob

Cadillac MotorSports Block Hugger Headers & High Flow Cat's

Wow....what an impressive reply from all of those who are interested in the custom fabricated Cadillac CTS headers and high flow cats.

Particularly CTS 3.2 owners; as RWHP and Torque salvation is on the way!

Thank you so much to all of those who have responded as requested with their interest in this custom fabricated product as requested to:

[email protected]***********************

We realize with the Christmas season approaching, this can be a "tight time" financially for allot of folks; so therefore to be fair to everyone, the cut-off date for pre-ordering will be: Monday December 19, 2005

Here is what you will receive in your CTS 3.6 or 3.2 Custom fabricated block hugger and high flow cat kit:

• Custom fabricated CTS block hugger Stainless Steel headers, flanges, cone collector and high flow cats.
  • Complete installation instructions
  • Top shelf header gasket kit that which along with the headers are port matched to the CTS exhaust plenum.
  • Stage 8 (grade 8) self-locking header bolts.
  • All aluminum tig welds will be smoothed and polished.
  • Headers will be internally extrude honed and isotropic superfinished.
  • Headers will be externally and internally jet-hot coated lowering the ambient header temperature by more than 250 degrees making the heat shields obsolete and increase the exhaust gas scavenging.
  • All headers and cats will be pressure/flow tested to insure against any leaks and fully guaranteed.
It is our intention to deliver this product at 15% above our fabrication costs!

I know that many of you are anxious to know what the "final price" will be and what I can share with you now is that by December 22'nd I will have "hard numbers" based on those who are participating and if everyone who has expressed interest participates, we "should" be able to keep the number around $1695.00.

What you will receive is unconditional support and a top-shelf engineered product that we will guarantee and stand behind, no questions asked!

There has NEVER been a buyer of a product from Cadillac MotorSports that has ever been disappointed in our products, service and our intent to always exceed your expectations on every level.

*Block Header Installation ( important):
Installation of these custom headers and cats will take approximately 6 hours by a well qualified ASE certified technician. The installation has to be done from underneath the vehicle and the working quarters are extremely tight. On a "normal" header installation. We will supply the (grade 8) Stage 8 self locking header bolt kit with your header package so the re-torquing of the header bolts will not be necessary.

best regards:

Pietro (Pete) J. Raimondi, Jr.
Cadillac MotorSports, Limited

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
crap! MAN i want this kit really bad...can i see some people with the 3.2 that are definitely in? i'm curious who's taking the plunge before i e-mail him...

i thought about it today...header kit or brand new wheels with some nice rubber...arg! luckily it's winter and i wouldn't even put the wheels/tires on. i guess that gives me 3-4 months to save up again, now doesn't it?

come on...3.2 people where are you at? ODY?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TripleOught said:
crap! MAN i want this kit really bad...can i see some people with the 3.2 that are definitely in? i'm curious who's taking the plunge before i e-mail him...

i thought about it today...header kit or brand new wheels with some nice rubber...arg! luckily it's winter and i wouldn't even put the wheels/tires on. i guess that gives me 3-4 months to save up again, now doesn't it?

come on...3.2 people where are you at? ODY?
I bet Ody is 1st inline. He wants his 3.2 to hustle! Pete said the best inquiry response was from the 3.2 owners.
I hope you get some answers before the 19th 3x0:D

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
New mainsail for my boat . . . . or headers and cats for my CTS . . . . . hmmmm . . . . .

I'm doing BOTH! It's Christmas and dammit, I disserve it!

I may be impatient enough to pick them up when I'm ready, rather than wait for UPS! Pete is only about an hour away from my weekly business in the DC area.

I don't mind being the guinea pig on this one. I'll gladly install and dyno them within a week or so of getting them and publish the dyno sheet. Now I need my dealer to reflash my PCM with the proper engine calibration software WITHOUT a speed limiter. She falls on her feet above 5500 RPM (120mph) in fourth gear right now, and it's NOT due to lack of power.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
odysseus said:
New mainsail for my boat . . . . or headers and cats for my CTS . . . . . hmmmm . . . . .

I'm doing BOTH! It's Christmas and dammit, I disserve it!

I may be impatient enough to pick them up when I'm ready, rather than wait for UPS! Pete is only about an hour away from my weekly business in the DC area.

I don't mind being the guinea pig on this one. I'll gladly install and dyno them within a week or so of getting them and publish the dyno sheet. Now I need my dealer to reflash my PCM with the proper engine calibration software WITHOUT a speed limiter. She falls on her feet above 5500 RPM (120mph) in fourth gear right now, and it's NOT due to lack of power.
Sounds like a faster way to the Sail Boat to me!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS
165 Posts
Special cirucmstances, i may be able to participate; sent an email in

Edit>> Wonder what kind of numbers this would put out with a Volant Intake and Corsa Cat-Back (And sound like)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Blekk0 said:
Special cirucmstances, i may be able to participate; sent an email in

Edit>> Wonder what kind of numbers this would put out with a Volant Intake and Corsa Cat-Back (And sound like)
I have the Volant with the cats and headers in question and I ran 238 rwhp with 20' wheels.

·
Registered
270 Posts
SD?? do you have the 3.2 or 3.6?? By the figures, it looks like the 3.2. If so, thats one hell of a performance increase with those mods.. NICE!

woohoo! 100th post!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
collapsed said:
SD?? do you have the 3.2 or 3.6?? By the figures, it looks like the 3.2. If so, thats one hell of a performance increase with those mods.. NICE!

woohoo! 100th post!
3.6 its not too bad 238 + 22% loss to the wheels is 290hp plus I had 20's

·
Registered
86 Posts
HFC's are $150 tops for a good one. I'm not doubting these are nice headers, but I don't think I've ever seen any this expensive. Closest I can think of are my friend's long tube headers on his 02 SS Camaro and they were $1000. I typically see headers for 6 cyclinders range from $400-900. For $1700 I could probably get my local shop to make a custom set and have change left over for beer.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MontySkull said:
HFC's are $150 tops for a good one. I'm not doubting these are nice headers, but I don't think I've ever seen any this expensive. Closest I can think of are my friend's long tube headers on his 02 SS Camaro and they were $1000. I typically see headers for 6 cyclinders range from $400-900. For $1700 I could probably get my local shop to make a custom set and have change left over for beer.
Here's what you may be missing Monty. These headers and cats were designed and dyno tested. They meet the emission requirements. The interior of the pipes are polished and treated and coated. They are each tested for poor welds and gas leaks.

The 3.2 is no longer in production so very few manufacturers are interested in making such a low production run like CMS has offered.

I'm sure you know a good header design is not just taking some pipes and eye balling the bends and collecting them into one pipe. It's a real science that the local muffler shop wouldn't have a clue about.

Yep it's pricey but the cost per horsepower is reasonable IMO.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Are they actually CARB certified? It would account for part of the cost, but still doesn't justify $1700. All the things you've listed just don't add up to the cost they're asking. The V owners don't even have headers that expensive... $800-1100 would seem more reasonable, IMO.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MontySkull said:
Are they actually CARB certified? It would account for part of the cost, but still doesn't justify $1700. All the things you've listed just don't add up to the cost they're asking. The V owners don't even have headers that expensive... $800-1100 would seem more reasonable, IMO.
That's $68/HP. About the same as the Volant intake. Another way to look at it is what's your alternative? No one else is making headers for the CTS. 300HP is attainable for the 3.6 but you need to open your wallet if you want to get there.:bouncy:

·
Registered
413 Posts
One of the main reasons that the price is higher is because this is a custom make for a small group purchase. If they were mass producing them, the cost would be cheaper. That is the reason the CTS-V headers are cheaper, from what I have seen they mass produce those (to a certain extent), and not to mention the engine is a Corvette engine, which has been around for a while.

Anything custom is always going to be more expensive, and your not going to find headers for the 3.2L engine anywhere else, so my advice would be to jump at the chance if you want them. I was going to buy the Borla exhaust system first, but since this is probably a one time deal, I'll buy the headers first, and then the exhaust system (of course I'll wait to install everything at the same time).

1 - 20 of 224 Posts